$595.20 mtt win on Titan Poker $22 NLHE

• rrwillem
      rrwillem
      Bronze
      Woohooo! Im over the moon after my incredibly long session at the final table. The end was very messy and fast (lotto) action and it got me very tired now. I ended up finishing 3rd. I would love to tell you all the specified story tomorrow, but I wanted to jump for joy here now before I go to bed for a well earned rest.
  • 2 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi rrwillem!

Well done! Congratulations! Prepare yourself for the interview ;)

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • rrwillem
      rrwillem
      Bronze
      OK, heres a small story about how it went down.

Started out terrible. After 10 hands I got KQs on the cut off.
      The calling station on the button calls my 4x BB raise.
      Flop comes 4 T A (2 hearts) I have a straight and flush draw. I bet out, he calls.
      Turn 7. I bet out again thinking hes weak and may fold, he calls. River blank and I give up. He checks as well and shows K 4. :-s
      That hurt and got me a bit frustrated, because he had been calling everything and he lost my chips within 5 hands again.
      2 hands later im in middle position and pick up AQ, I raise big, flop an ace and go all-in to double back to my starting stack.
      After that a long run of very few hands, I stay alive by playing the good hands aggressive to earn max. Guys on my table call a lot.
      I stay alive but dont really catch up speed, so had to pick a spot. Went in with 99 from middle pos and won coin-flip vs AQ. The hand after I pick up aces, punish a limper with a raise and put it all-in on the flop.
      He doesnt call, but I gain a lot of chips from his pre flop call. This when I start picking up speed and get on a roll.
      In a couple of short hands I get QQ, AQ and JJ. I almost lose JJ vs 88 and go berserk when I river a jack :p. From this point on its all about aggression. Picking on weak limps, stealing blinds untill final table.
      It either aggression that wins it at once or an all-in showdown with the blinds as high as they got. I made a couple of tough laydowns and maybe some questionable pushes, but it all worked out for me.
      The final table was super hard because of these blinds. I felt like it was lotto, but I think I picked on the right weak limps / players and pushed the right cards to get an edge. I had a reasonable stack and doubled it with AA against AQ (he tried to steal my blind, LOL talk about bad timing).
      After that the play got hard though. The all-in pushes ment youd have to gamble on weak hands. I lost half my stack when I got A 5s in the BB and the SB pushed 2 4 and hit his 4 -_-. Pushed my way back up a bit untill there were 2 huge stacks left and my reasonable stack... Then got cought with K T vs A J and lost.
      Im pretty happy with my play, although you always wonder what could have been. Its a shame the play was gone, I might have had an edge then. But I cant complain. I did well and im happy :D I guess im gona play more tournaments on Titan, because I 274.55$ earlier yesterday on the 5.5$ buy-in freeze-out.