PostgreSQL problems

• Hentaipr0n
      Hentaipr0n
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

Im using Vista.

I downloaded setup-elephant-0.84.1297.2106

I have watched the tutorial by PSMarkus and he picks a password for the postgreSQL, later to be used to create the database.

My problem is that the window where I should do the above, never comes up.
      Instead the database window comes, wich says I gotta fill in the same nickname and password as I filled in before.

Get what I mean?

Please help out! :)

//Hentai :heart:
  • 9 replies
    • Hentaipr0n
      Hentaipr0n
      Bronze
      Should I use this thread maybe to uninstall PostgreSQL?

What happends then?
      I have Pokertracker since a half year back if matters...
    • MichaelWagner42
      MichaelWagner42
      Bronze
      Hi,

PostgreSQL is already installed: You don't need to uninstall it.
      You need to enter the credentials from PT in the Elephant database management as shown in this document: http://resources.pokerstrategy.com/Software/el3phant/doc/ElephantSetupGuide.pdf (Refer to the appendix Holdem Manager Troubleshooting) and the Elephant can create its own database inside PostgreSQL.

Ciao
      Michael
    • Hentaipr0n
      Hentaipr0n
      Bronze
      On the first start of the program, you can choose wheter you would like to install PostgreSQL or not.
      Do not install PostgreSQL, since it's already installed on your computer.

No, I cannot choose this when I first start the program.. it never appears ?(

Also, while in the program I try to create a new database with the username and password that came along using Hold Em Manager
      (as in that pdf file you gave me)

What am I doin wrong?

I know that Vista really can f.uck up things sometimes with other programs but whats the thing with this..?

Thanks in advance and thanks for the quick answer to my first question :)

Sry for bad english!

//Hentai :heart:
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hi there,

it's a fact that if you've PostgreSQL already installed, this screen won't pop up and you need to know the credentials used while installing PostgreSQL to connect the Elephant with it.

If you don't know the credentials anymore than you have to deinstall PostgreSQL and re-install it from the start.

But it's not so easy to deinstall PostgreSQL correctly!
      Please follow the steps described here to deinstall it correctly:
      Deinstalling PostgreSQL correctly

Cheers,
      L.
    • Hentaipr0n
      Hentaipr0n
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Larres
      Hi there,

it's a fact that if you've PostgreSQL already installed, this screen won't pop up and you need to know the credentials used while installing PostgreSQL to connect the Elephant with it.

If you don't know the credentials anymore than you have to deinstall PostgreSQL and re-install it from the start.

But it's not so easy to deinstall PostgreSQL correctly!
      Please follow the steps described here to deinstall it correctly:
      Deinstalling PostgreSQL correctly

Cheers,
      L.
      Thats what I thought, gonna uninstall it now and see if it works, thanks alot guys, I'll let you know if I still get errors :)
    • Hentaipr0n
      Hentaipr0n
      Bronze
      3) Delete the windows user which has been created through the system options.

How?
      Control panel and then what?
      Cant find anything that has anything to do with that.. need help with pretty much everything :(

Thought this should be a easy app for us poker players.. :evil:
    • Hentaipr0n
      Hentaipr0n
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hentaipr0n
      3) Delete the windows user which has been created through the system options.

How?
      Control panel and then what?
      Cant find anything that has anything to do with that.. need help with pretty much everything :(

Thought this should be a easy app for us poker players.. :evil:
      Anyone?
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey,

please visit this page for more information about uninstalling postgreSQL:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/article/752

To delete your postgreSQL service account (postgreSQL Windows User) download the following file:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-2649780/Remove_PostgreSQL_Total.CMD.html

You have to run this file with administrator privileges in Windows Vista and Windows 7. To do so, right click the file and select "run as administrator".

This file deletes the user "postgres" which should be the standard username for a postgreSQL installation from HoldemManager.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions, in case you are not sure what to do exactly.
    • Hentaipr0n
      Hentaipr0n
      Bronze
      It's working out just great right now, thanks for your patiance and help! :)