[NL2-NL10] Nl04 - Kk

• Mystrapoker
      Mystrapoker
      Bronze
      0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K:club: , K:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.20, 5 folds, BU raises to $0.60, SB raises to $1.00, BB folds, Hero raises to $2.04 (All-In), BU raises to $7.01 (All-In), SB raises to $3.22 (All-In).

SSS tells me to reraise to 3x the last raise, since its 2/3 of my chips I go all-in directly...
        2 all-ins? maybe someone has AK and someone has AA? or they have both AA in which case they're drawing dead?
        SB is a shortstack, he could have gone there with anything from AA-JJ or maybe AK?

Flop: ($12.31) 9:diamond: , 3:club: , 3:spade:
      Turn: ($12.31) 8:club:
      River: ($12.31) 3:heart:

Final Pot: $12.31

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows [ Jd, Jc ] a full house, Threes full of Jacks
      Hero shows [ Kc, Ks ] a full house, Threes full of Kings
      BU shows [ Jh, Js ] a full house, Threes full of Jacks
      BU wins $3.79 USD with a full house, Threes full of Jacks.
      SB wins $1.12 USD with a full house, Threes full of Jacks.
      BU wins $1.12 USD with a full house, Threes full of Jacks.
      Hero wins $5.86 USD with a full house, Threes full of Kings.

wow, that was sick...
  • 10 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi mystrapoker!

Preflop all-in with KK is always correct. Nice hand!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Nice hand, that what everybody wishes for. :)
    • Mystrapoker
      Mystrapoker
      Bronze
      Yeah they each had like 2% odds to win because they were drawing dead with JJ, their only out was a straight or a flush, and in the case of the flush, I would have the nut flush anyway because they would need 4 cards to make it...
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Ah btw I see that you are trying to play the SSS on NL$5, but thats not possible since the minimum Buy-In is $2 which leaves you with 40 Big Blinds. This way you can not force Pocket Pairs to make wrong calls against your preflop since they nearly always getting the right implied odds to call.
    • Mystrapoker
      Mystrapoker
      Bronze
      Yeah, I play a bit scared atm, so 0.04$ take the fear factor off a bit...
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mystrapoker
      Yeah, I play a bit scared atm, so 0.04$ take the fear factor off a bit...
      It's not about playing scared or not, it's fundamentically wrong if you buy in for 40BB. With the SSS you should never be at a table with more then 25BB, thats the time you blind out and move on to another table.
    • Mystrapoker
      Mystrapoker
      Bronze
      Yeah, but the BB is only at 0.04$, so it doesnt hurt my bankroll as much. I leave the table when I have 2.50$ and I rebuy with 1.50$, no?

Or do I have to wait till Im silver and go on NL4 with a big stack?
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      You miss the advantages of the Short Stack Strategy, which is, that with 20 BB another play can not call profitable your raise with an Pocket Pair since he does not have the implied odds to call you. He only hits his set in one of 8 times. But when you raise to 4 BB he has to call 4 BB to win a maximum of 20 BB, that gives him 5:1, but he needs 8:1 to call profitable. So even if he stakes you any time he hit his set, his call is still not profitable when he has to fold postflop when he missed.

Against a Short Stack a Big Stack can not call with marginal hands, since he does not get the implied odds (the money he could win on later streets). When you´re in with 50 BB and raise to 4 BB, your opponent is getting over 8:1 on his call with a Pocket Pair, and plays profitable without making a mistake he would make, if he would call against you as a Short Stack.
    • Mystrapoker
      Mystrapoker
      Bronze
      So basically when I go on an NL4 table, I have 40BB, which mean if I raise to 4BB , any plays that has odds of 10:1 or better has EV+?

Thats what I scared of when I have to switch to big stack. If I raise big with AA or KK for example, someone might just call because of the implied odds. Even if I raised to 8BB because there was 4 callers, the enemy will have to call 8BB to potentially win 100BB(all my stack)?

Thats also why in tourneys, calling with pocket pairs is almost always a good idea? Because if you hit a set 1 times of 8, you can potentially win all of someone else chips (which in tourneys are very big compared to the BBs)?

I know its probably advanced for me, But I'm in a transition period right now. When partypoker updates my PPs to PS Ill get the silver status and Ill probably be 'Queen' on party, but with me not turning a profit ever since I got the 50$ using the silver articles is probably a bad idea...
      (My bankroll isn't in peril, I just seem to keep going between 42$ and 54$, never slowly raising my bankroll, unlike pokerstars... but maybe thats because I dont care about my money on pokerstars... And the worst of it is that I follow the SSS SHC perfectly, I just seem to get upswings then after that I lose 3-4 hands(so 6-8$) in a row because my KK was up against AA, or my QQ was up against AK and crap...). At least I figured that I didn't know what to do if someone called my c-bet when I have a trash hand... I thought I had to bet 2/3 of the pot again to drive him out... And now I found out by rereading the articles that I had to check and fold to a bet..

That's my bankroll from pokerstars when I actually started to apply the short stack strategy in it... The red sessions are the ones with my own strategy...

(sorry for the big picture, I don't know how to "thumbnail" it on the forum and make a link so when peoples click on it they see the full-size image)

• Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Yes thats the main reason to play the SSS as a beginner in poker, you avoid difficult decisions and force your opponents into making mistakes. When you´re more experience you will know how to handle AA etc better with a bigger stack. ;)