Stack
      Hero:
      $4,95
      UTG2:
      $5,53
      MP1:
      $22,66

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , A:club:
      UTG2 calls $0,05, MP1 calls $0,05, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0,25, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0,20, MP1 calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,80) J:diamond: , 2:diamond: , 4:club: (3 players)

Hero bets $0,55, UTG2 calls $0,55, MP1 raises to $2,00, Hero raises to $4,70 (All-In), UTG2 calls $4,15, MP1 folds.

Turn: ($12,20) 4:heart:
      River: ($12,20) 7:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $12,20

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and fours (As Ac)
      UTG2 shows a full-house, deuces full of fours (2s 2h)

UTG2 wins with a full-house, deuces full of fours (2s 2h)

First of all, I betted 25 instead of 30 because they seemed poor players to me, that would fold their hands to a bit larger raise.
      How do I play here?
  • 2 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I make it $0.3 you are out of position and you want to get value with your AA.

On flop I actually think I fold to MP1's raise. He doesn't seem that aggressive and he is raising two players in a 3-way pot. I doubt he does this with a Flush-Draw and there are a lot of Pocket-Pairs in his range, not just Suited-Connecters and random Ax hands he didn't raise pre.

If it was UTG2 raising I would put him on far more semi-bluff with draws, Raises with random Top-Pair type hands etc, not just sets so I would shove it in.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by DaPhunk
      I make it $0.3 you are out of position and you want to get value with your AA.

On flop I actually think I fold to MP1's raise. He doesn't seem that aggressive and he is raising two players in a 3-way pot. I doubt he does this with a Flush-Draw and there are a lot of Pocket-Pairs in his range, not just Suited-Connecters and random Ax hands he didn't raise pre.

If it was UTG2 raising I would put him on far more semi-bluff with draws, Raises with random Top-Pair type hands etc, not just sets so I would shove it in.
      Again this sounds fine. I certainly wouldn't fault anyone for calling that off, but given MP1's stats if you feel you're behind, trust your guts and don't call it off just because you have AA.

As for the preflop sizing, them being poor players is a reason for us to actually make it bigger, most bad players don't care about the extra big blind the way we would, they only know they have a hand that they want to play (indicated by them limping in the first place), and they will, whether you make it 5bb or 6bb.

Hope it helps.