This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5 A,q

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.29)
      BB ($2.16)
      UTG ($4.20)
      Hero ($6.93)
      UTG+2 ($5.18)
      MP1 ($2.41)
      CO ($3.69)
      BTN ($5.33)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: Q:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, fold, CO calls $0.15, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.37) A:heart: 7:spade: K:heart:

Hero bets $0.20, CO calls $0.20

TURN ($0.77) A:heart: 7:spade: K:heart: Q:diamond:

Hero bets $0.50, CO calls $0.50

RIVER ($1.77) A:heart: 7:spade: K:heart: Q:diamond: J:spade:

Hero bets $0.75, CO raises to $1.50, Hero calls $0.75

Hero shows A:spade: Q:spade:
      (Pre 61%, Flop 60.8%, Turn 75.0%)

CO shows ??
      (Pre 39%, Flop 39.2%, Turn 25.0%)

I only have 7 hands on Villain so no reads, was my play okay?
  • 3 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I bet bigger on flop and turn and C/F river. Sure it may be weak but I think he's normally now on some sort of value hand and won't want to turn it into a bluff on this board and will go for his showdown value instead (i.e. He will check behind with a non Tx hand often enough for a Check/Call to be bad)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't think it's bad at all, tho I'd also bet bigger on the flop and on the turn. I think the river is okay, villain can certainly have worse two pairs and call the smallish valuebet. Wouldn't quarrel with anyone wanted to check/fold that tho, especially if villain is on the tight side.

On the river as played if you think he's bad enough to minraise worse two pairs it's a call, otherwise he always has some kind of Tx and it's a fold.

Hope it helps.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      You both called it correctly he turned over 9,T hearts.... But I don't think I'm getting him off that draw no matter my bet size... I actually felted him about 30 hands later anyway so I got my money back :)

I'll have to try and work on my bet sizes I think, as this is pretty standard play for me.