This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5, AA

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.16)
      BB ($5)
      Hero ($10.16)
      UTG+1 ($3.35)
      UTG+2 ($10.49)
      MP1 ($3.35)
      MP2 ($3.83)
      CO ($1.68)
      BTN ($1.78)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: A:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.15, UTG+1 calls $0.15, fold, MP1 calls $0.15, MP2 calls $0.15, fold, fold, SB calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.90) 2:spade: K:heart: 6:spade:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.80, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $0.80, MP2 calls $0.80, SB folds, BB folds

TURN ($3.30) 2:spade: K:heart: 6:spade: 3:club:

Hero bets $2.05, MP1 calls $2.05, MP2 folds

RIVER ($7.40) 2:spade: K:heart: 6:spade: 3:club: Q:club:

Hero bets $0.40, MP1 calls $0.35 (AI)

Hero shows A:heart: A:diamond:

Only 10 hands on villain..
  • 5 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Is this a betsizing question?

Against someone of this sort of stacksize I decide when I want to get them All-In by and change my betsizes accordingly, I generally get two situations;

1) The Board is dry and I want him to call me light with weak TP and Second pair etc

- I bet considerably smaller flop and turn with the intention of getting him All-In on river with favourable odds (i.e. he has 3 to 1 odds river or something favourable to call our bet)

2) We hit a drawy board like this one and I percieve there to be many draws in his range.

- I bet a similar size to you on flop, but I shove turn as he has less than potsize remaining and I don't think that $0.4 difference is going to change his calling range too much. (I could be wrong of course :p)

If he has a similar stack-size to yours I bet big on all 3 streets. Value Value Value City!
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Is this a betsizing question?

Against someone of this sort of stacksize I decide when I want to get them All-In by and change my betsizes accordingly, I generally get two situations;

1) The Board is dry and I want him to call me light with weak TP and Second pair etc

- I bet considerably smaller flop and turn with the intention of getting him All-In on river with favourable odds (i.e. he has 3 to 1 odds river or something favourable to call our bet)

2) We hit a drawy board like this one and I percieve there to be many draws in his range.

- I bet a similar size to you on flop, but I shove turn as he has less than potsize remaining and I don't think that $0.4 difference is going to change his calling range too much. (I could be wrong of course :p)

If he has a similar stack-size to yours I bet big on all 3 streets. Value Value Value City!
      This, the extra $0.4 on the turn won't change anything, it's just money you leave on the table when he has something like spades and whiffs the river.

Hope it helps.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Wouldn't of expected him to flip 4,5 then? Lol... Cos I bloody didn't :P
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Wouldn't of expected him to flip 4,5 then? Lol... Cos I bloody didn't :P
      lol, no not much. I would have thought he would fold a gutshot on a multiway flop like this one unless he had the FD as well.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Sure we did, we just know he'll also show up with a whole bunch of Kx/spades hands that he'll never fold on the turn, enough to make up for the times where he has us beat.