Hero ($10.16)
      UTG+1 ($3.35)
      UTG+2 ($10.49)
      MP1 ($3.35)
      MP2 ($3.83)
      CO ($1.68)
      BTN ($1.78)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: A:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.15, UTG+1 calls $0.15, fold, MP1 calls $0.15, MP2 calls $0.15, fold, fold, SB calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.90) 2:spade: K:heart: 6:spade:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.80, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $0.80, MP2 calls $0.80, SB folds, BB folds

TURN ($3.30) 2:spade: K:heart: 6:spade: 3:club:

Hero bets $2.05, MP1 calls $2.05, MP2 folds

RIVER ($7.40) 2:spade: K:heart: 6:spade: 3:club: Q:club:

Hero bets $0.40, MP1 calls $0.35 (AI)

Hero shows A:heart: A:diamond:

Only 10 hands on villain..
  • 5 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Is this a betsizing question?

Against someone of this sort of stacksize I decide when I want to get them All-In by and change my betsizes accordingly, I generally get two situations;

1) The Board is dry and I want him to call me light with weak TP and Second pair etc

- I bet considerably smaller flop and turn with the intention of getting him All-In on river with favourable odds (i.e. he has 3 to 1 odds river or something favourable to call our bet)

2) We hit a drawy board like this one and I percieve there to be many draws in his range.

- I bet a similar size to you on flop, but I shove turn as he has less than potsize remaining and I don't think that $0.4 difference is going to change his calling range too much. (I could be wrong of course :p)

If he has a similar stack-size to yours I bet big on all 3 streets. Value Value Value City!
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Is this a betsizing question?

Against someone of this sort of stacksize I decide when I want to get them All-In by and change my betsizes accordingly, I generally get two situations;

1) The Board is dry and I want him to call me light with weak TP and Second pair etc

- I bet considerably smaller flop and turn with the intention of getting him All-In on river with favourable odds (i.e. he has 3 to 1 odds river or something favourable to call our bet)

2) We hit a drawy board like this one and I percieve there to be many draws in his range.

- I bet a similar size to you on flop, but I shove turn as he has less than potsize remaining and I don't think that $0.4 difference is going to change his calling range too much. (I could be wrong of course :p)

If he has a similar stack-size to yours I bet big on all 3 streets. Value Value Value City!
      This, the extra $0.4 on the turn won't change anything, it's just money you leave on the table when he has something like spades and whiffs the river.

Hope it helps.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Silver
      Wouldn't of expected him to flip 4,5 then? Lol... Cos I bloody didn't :P
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Wouldn't of expected him to flip 4,5 then? Lol... Cos I bloody didn't :P
      lol, no not much. I would have thought he would fold a gutshot on a multiway flop like this one unless he had the FD as well.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Sure we did, we just know he'll also show up with a whole bunch of Kx/spades hands that he'll never fold on the turn, enough to make up for the times where he has us beat.