MP2: $3.16
      CO: $9.94
      BTN: $16.20
      SB: $3.40
      BB: $10.13
      UTG: $5.28
      UTG+1: $4.05

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP1 with A :spade: K :spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, SB raises to $0.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.10) 2 :diamond: Q :club: 6 :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.70) 3 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

River: ($2.30) K :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $2.40, SB calls $2 all in

villain is 43/12 with 1.1AF. Was going to 4bet pre but then changed my mind due to some recent hands getting min3bet by KK+ and for some reason decided his range was polarise so 4betting was not the right move.

Unfortunately I cannot remember why I Check/Raised river and didn't just bet myself. Seems to me now there would have been more value in a bet on river.
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Polarized would mean he only has premiums/bluffs, which is quite rare for fishy players min3betting actually. And if you're right about that, given that he's only got 35bb and you have blockers to KK+, the right move would be to just jam it in his face.

If you meant he only does that with premiums hands, then even tho it's only 2bb for us to call, we can't really hope for much except a straight(draw) or a flush(draw) postflop. Personally I'd cut my losses right on the flop, just because he's betting small doesn't mean we're not drawing close to dead, and he's shallow enough that he can actually get close to his whole stack in by the river even by betting small.

Hope it helps.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      What I meant is I though he either has a bluff or KK+ with his min3bet :p

I see your point about flop, I was thinking this might have been the right line as well hence why I posted.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Then shove preflop, you'll pick up enough dead money when he's bluffing to warrant you going broke for 35bb.

On the flop don't get me wrong, if he's capable of bluffing preflop he might also be bluffing here, but since you won't really feel good calling down with AK-high, you might be drawing dead and by listening to pot odds you might talk yourself into calling down just to have him show you 44 for a hand that beats you, I just don't believe it's worth your time.

Hope it helps.