Icmean: fixed!

• IcMean
      IcMean
      Bronze
      In one of his last bronze (ugly ugly bronze) coachings, Terrorblade said stuff about keeping a blog and how its good for you and blablabla. So I guess I'll give it a try. [Wall of text alert, cliffs + threadsaver at the bottom]

I actually did write a huge wall of text but decided only to keep the "extended" cliffs. And still it ended up with alot of text :tongue:

About myself

Im probably pretty unknown here in the English community but I am active in the dutch one. Here I just post in a few blog. Actually all you might want to know is I'm an 18y old student

Poker

50$

August: quiz on SnG -> FLFR -> MTT

Some nice ships

Final tabled the Early double A (7th/250$) and f2tabled the first big little tournament (14th/1k$ , final hand AJo vs 42s defended my BB vs SB but board came xxx42). I consider that my best poker performance so far (there were 46000+ participants)

Some tilt

Huge tilt actually. I couldnt put in any volume, because MTTs require time. I switched back to FL. Played up to 1/2 which went fine until I somehow went on huge tilt. 4 tables rush to increase my volume, which went way too fast obv. Tilted some on NL200, tilted some on NL50HU.

FL SH

I decided to take it serious again with my final 400$ (also bought some stuff). People on the forums recommended SH instead of fullring 1/2. Also opabumbi was searching people for his new videoseries so I volunteered. I recorded my first SH session ever, more about that in the next part. By now I have first of all made sure I got PT3 for free, because I thought it was necessary for my summer grind. Sadly summer grind wont come because I have too much exams to retake in August. :( That means the goal for the summer is not to play alot but improve a lot.

Improvaments

Most of that improving will come through interactions with the community.
      *First of all: I will be part of opabumbi's videoseries about switching from FR to SH. Just recently we have done the first part of the session review of my first session ever. I think it was really really awesome to be able to do that. At the beginning I was a bit nervous but it went ok. The stupid thing is someone ran into my room twice while recording so I had to mute my mic twice. You'll notice that at the end of the video :f_biggrin: Epic final words imo ^^
      *Second: I joined a sweat session group. Not much happened in the beginning but also recently I did my first sweat session. That was also really nice too.
      *Third: I decided to play just one table of rush or max 3 tables regular. Why? Because I want to be able to think enough about every hand, really go through the though process and make the right decisions. 1 table rush has the advantage you can play like 300 hands/hr and still just have to concentrate on 1 table.
      *Last: vids n coachings. I actually still sometimes attend terrorblades FR bronze coaching though I dont even play fullring. But there's always something interesting, I think that says alot about his coachings :) I hope to be silver soon (which will def happen) so I can go to SH coaching. Also I'll try to watch as many vids as possible.

Threadsaver

• 6 replies
    • Tommino
      Tommino
      Bronze
      Hey!

So you are blogging huh? Added to favourites ;)
      Good luck with the blog and improving. I hope we do a lot of sweats this summer.
    • IcMean
      IcMean
      Bronze
      Yeah. Blogging doenst seem to induce rungood though. Ive been running bad during todays session. At some point I was close to breaking even but I still ended 30BB down. Shouldve been like 15BB but i had some monstertilt at the end
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      gl fellow dutchman :)
    • Tommino
      Tommino
      Bronze
      Smells like result-orientedness :P (yeea it's easy to talk when you are finally having +sessions like me)
    • IcMean
      IcMean
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tommino
      Smells like result-orientedness :P (yeea it's easy to talk when you are finally having +sessions like me)
      sssssssh

I was like not hitting all session and then it was only 10c to breakeven and I got QQ the very next hand... so I was like ok yay im gonna be up... oh no wait... next hand AA so yay im gonna end in +... DAMN oh 88 (play it like the nutzzz :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: ) and then omg im tilting Imma stop before it gets worse :D

So about today

Today I watched a bronze video TerrorBlade, it was a very nice one to watch, I was laughing like every other minute (my family looked pretty weird tho to see me laughing at a poker video :] )
      Aaaand opabumbi and me recorded the second and last part of the session review of my first SH session. I really really liked it, I had like a 40 min video pre recorded and we only got 17 minutes of it in 2 reviews (45+50 mins). It seemed a bit weird at first but I realised reviewing like all the hands would be pretty much the same at some times while now I got some pretty good analysis and extra informations which were really useful.

Tomorrow I'm leaving on holiday to Berlin for 4 days. I think I'm definitely going to watch the semi final game on big screen in the city :D And hopefully they win for some beer & party afterwards (look left n right)

After that I'm gonna start studying more and more for my exams (I messed up in June so August/Sept will be heavy exam action :( )
    • IcMean
      IcMean
      Bronze
      Berlin after the match wasnt the party I hoped for :D

Anyways, not alot going on volume wise, I dont really have time nor mindset to play a decent volume. But I'm still improving alot, im watching some videos but mainly when I play, play concentrated on few tables (hence the low volume) and analyze tough spots afterwards. Im posting alot of hands (in the dutch forums) and that helps me alot.

Off topic, somehow my 5second answer got selected for the facebook competition so if you read this, vote for me :P (Arno Janssens)

Facebook promotion: Vote for the 3rd winner!
      :f_biggrin: