[NL20-NL50] Nl25 SH

• FonzzySVK
      BU is 29/22 only 31 hands. Was the push correct?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, A.
      Hero raises to $1.00, CO folds, BU calls $1.00, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.35) 9, 8, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BU raises to $4.00, Hero raises to $32.66, BU calls $22.52(All-In).

Turn: ($61.53) 7 (2 players)

River: ($61.53) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $61.53.
  • 3 replies
    • ttjjboy
      I rather call flop
      need to call 2.5 for a pot more than 10

hide the result
    • Alan883
      I dont want to go all in here. If you get called that means u will be to often behind and your equity is not high enough to make this push +EV. So if you want to make this push EV+ you have to generate so so high fold equity and after flop light reraise i think this high fold equity is impossible to generate.
    • MaestroOfZerg

It can't be awful if your opponent is capable of raising there with complete bluff just because of the board texture, but generally I'll either c-bet/fold or check/call those flops, it just hits a button calling range way too hard and it's a pain to play correctly. I do expect people to notice it's a good board for them, but that doesn't mean most of them will pull the trigger without some good amount of equity, in which case they'll get to play the turn in position like they want to anyway so we're just opening ourselves to be outplayed for a bigger pot and losing more money. Some battle just aren't worth fighting.

By check/calling you make sure you can see a turn and catch some bluffs when villain has stuff like 65s/33 and figures you're check/folding, which decent players at nl25 are capable of knowing.

Hope it helps.