About poker laws in specific countries vs. the EU

• Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Recently France has isolated itself from the "poker world" and Italy has accepted such laws some time ago. However, since both are part of the EU and one of the main reasons the EU exists is open markets and unified legislation, I've found myself wondering, if it's acceptable by EU standards for them to do so?

My reasoning is, since the EU has open market regulations, don't such one sided acts defy these regulations? Is it not ultimately irrelevant if Italians and French play with other EU players since the money returns to them in some way? Howcome none of the poker rooms takes up this stance and consequently create a bigger effort to present a better service to it's EU customers while also defending it's own interests?

Further, has anyone noticed any discussions on the level of the entire EU for a unified online gambling legislation? Have there been any relevant people trying to make an effort to improve the image of online gambling and who would also have solid, if not good, ideas about how to manage online gambling?

I've not been able to find much about it all on the worldwideintrahighways but I think, that if a general set of rules and monitors would be put in place, which would also be familiar to the public, both the gambling providers and service users would have a better image, which would result in the services being more attractive and being used more. Perhaps there's a way to start making it happen so we don't end up without the joys of gambling in our underpants from our beds :P If someone can point me in the right direction to make things happen, I have a few ideas as well ....
  • 3 replies
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Hello Atoks,

I can't really help you but I am sure there are some people that are more aware. All I know is that poker is legal in the UK and you are not required to pay taxes.

Kind Regards,
      Toby
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      how come i saw a few weeks ago some article saying that Francesco Totti joined partypoker? :rolleyes:
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Leito99
      how come i saw a few weeks ago some article saying that Francesco Totti joined partypoker? :rolleyes:
      I know that rooms like PokerStars and FTP have services that are provided for each country specifically. It's possible Party does as well. Maybe u should try connect to partypoker.it and see what pops up :)