Upswing^^

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi, I think that I had upswing today and my bankroll reached 500$:P :D Should you play looser, if you hit every hand? I started raising JTs on MP1, because that way I can build big pot and although I might be OOP, noone shouldn´t put me on that hand and eventually I could win a lot:D . Next hand was also a little loose call pre-flop:
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG:
      $6,13
      Hero:
      $23,48
      UTG+1:
      $2,36

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7:spade: , A:spade: . CO posts a blind of $0,10.
      UTG raises to $0,40, UTG+1 calls $0,40, 6 folds, Hero calls $0,35, BB folds.

Flop: ($1,40) 7:diamond: , J:heart: , 7:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $1, UTG+1 raises to $1,96 (All-In), Hero calls $1,96, UTG calls $0,96.

Turn: ($7,28) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3,77, UTG raises to $3,77 (All-In).

River: ($14,82) 8:diamond:

Final Pot: $14,82

I don´t know how to play on AA8 board, that that board was brilliant and no problem check/call flop. Push turn:D Upswing started few hands ago:

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $12,13
      BU:
      $10

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      6 folds, CO raises to $0,30, BU calls $0,30, Hero raises to $1,40, BB folds, CO raises to $2,35 (All-In), BU calls $2,05, Hero calls $0,95.

Flop: ($7,15) Q:club: , A:diamond: , A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, BU raises to $6,00, Hero raises to $9,00, BU raises to $7,65 (All-In).

Turn: ($23,80) Q:spade:
      River: ($23,80) 5:diamond:

Final Pot: $23,80

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows [ Qh, Qd ] four of a kind, Queens
      CO shows [ As, Ks ] a full house, Aces full of Queens
      BU shows [ Ac, Kc ] a full house, Aces full of Queens
      Hero wins $1.35 USD with four of a kind, Queens.
      Hero wins $14.65 USD with four of a kind, Queens.
      Hero wins $6.80 USD with four of a kind, Queens.

My biggest pot so far^^. And what should you do next, if you have won 5 stacks in 5 min- keep on playing or leave the table, because every upswing has to end and if you keep playing loose, then it maybe comes downswing:D
  • 3 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Kaitz20!

You are giving a great example which effects an upswing can have on your game.

Should you play looser, if you hit every hand? I started raising JTs on MP1, because that way I can build big pot and although I might be OOP...
      You should definitely not play looser if you are having an upswing because luck and bad luck don't remember the last hands. The next hand you can get lucky or unlucky. That means you have to play your game no matter what happened in the past! And to play JTs from MP1 oop is definitely -EV although you might win one big pot with it.

Concerning your hands:

Hand 1) fold preflop because most of the time you are dominated. If an ace appears on the board you don't know whether you are ahead or behind. So avoid these situations by folding preflop. As played: bet/raise flop.

Hand 2) nice hand!

And what should you do next, if you have won 5 stacks in 5 min- keep on playing or leave the table, because every upswing has to end and if you keep playing loose, then it maybe comes downswing :D
      Definitely. In your case I recommend that you leave the table if you win 5 stacks in a row because it seems that you are not playing your A game anymore.

It's nice to hear that you are on an upswing! But be careful and work on your psychological skills. Try to play your A game - always! Downswings or upswings shouldn't matter.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • gutshotstraightdraw
      gutshotstraightdraw
      Bronze
      Kaitz20, I think you should listen to Puschkins advice. It's a great post. Sometimes I also think that nobody can beat me and that I can play every hand the way I like. But that's not true. Thanks Puschkin!
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Already learned my lessions:)