Dealt to Hero A:spade: J:club:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, fold, Hero calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.65) A:club: 2:spade: 9:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

TURN ($1.45) A:club: 2:spade: 9:diamond: 5:diamond:

Hero bets $0.90, BTN folds

Hero shows A:spade: J:club:

Hero wins $1.38

Му plan was ch/c flop, donk turn for value from small Axs and some PP. Now I think if it is better to ch T again and donk river to get max value from his weakness range, cause he can get some 2nd broadway pair. Or if he bet again on turn play river ch/f cause I dont think he can 3bar on A high board with air.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Hard to say, you certainly seem to have a good grasp of the concepts involved in analyzing the hand tho.

I think most reg villains with those stats will instantly put you on Ax and never bluff at you anyway after the flop unless they pick up equity, but it's certainly possible the most aggressive of them just fire the turn blindly figuring you check/called once with a pocket pair or something.

Against decent players you usually won't have any hand that you're check/calling on the flop and donking the turn with as a bluff on that board you're basically announcing you have a top pair strong enough to take the lead.
      Even if you think you can get 3 streets out of something like AT it won't make up for the times villain calls down with AQ+, and since A9 beats you you need him to be stubborn with stuff like A8 as well.

I'll usually check the turn again with AJ and donk with AQ since we beat AJ and AQ doesn't beat us anymore.

Hope it helps.