How do you face with constant bad beats

• Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Hello guys.
      I just wonder if there is any way, to deal with bad beat after bad beat calmly and without thinking that site is been cracked.
      I am playing nl30 SSS on bet24(onGame) and I cant escape the feeling that someone is fucking with me there.
      I lost 5x in a row against weaker oponent.

QQ vs TT
      99 hit a set on flop vs AA
      QQ vs 99
      JJ vs 99
      KK vs 66

It seems like constant rummble between upfalls and this downfalls for me this days.
      Whenever I have pockets the A hits the board or something that fuck up my chacnes drastically.
      I am sorry about my languge but I am really pissed off at the moment and feel the urge to take my money out of that damn site and go play at stars.
  • 39 replies
    • Kidsoldja
      Kidsoldja
      Basic
      the only way to really deal with a bad beat is to not make rash decisions...maybe u need to take a break for awhile. I know the feeling and i think many players and people on this forum can relate to you. But fact of the matter is, its still poker just cuz you Draw AA and get beat doesnt always mean its a BAD BEAT... The player who wins via a bad beat is rewarded for mathematically unsound play. Calling a bet despite having neither the best hand nor the right pot odds to call, then winning anyway, is characteristic of this type of bad beat. It can also involve the inferior hand catching running cards when it requires two cards in a row to come from behind to win the pot. For example, catching cards on both the turn and the river in Texas hold 'em that complete a straight or a flush. If this is happening to you on a constant basis then maybe you should consider betting more aggressively when having those premium cards in your hand. This might slow down a typical calling station at your table.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      start bad beating people! keep shoving your weak hands, and once u bad beat somebody, you'll feel good :f_biggrin: nahhh... just keep playing, if someone can win lotteries that happens 1/10000000000000, whats hitting runner runner outers??
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Thats funny, that I very rarely suck out when in weaker position.
      I cant stop blaming the site tho.
      I just lost 30$ again and mostly due bad beats.
      Feel like I am cursed , god damnit .

lost 90$ in 2 days and I cannot say that I played that badly.
      Maybe 2 shoves on tilt and everything esle pretty much on bad beats.

AA vs KQ(flush)
      TT vs 67(floped nuts)
      AQ vs AT
      AK vs 33( this one looks the most normal of all)
      AJ vs AA(this one was on tilt)

I dont know how much should I stop playing on this site, to give me a break out of this shit.Maybe forever!
      I feel like rolling in circles.
      Grind for couple of days to build a bankroll and than lose it within 1h of game play.
      does it happen on other sites also ?
      I developed the great deal of hatered towards ongame system this days and dont know if I will keep playing on their site.
      fuck 40% rb, when I loos 1/3 of my stack on hands which I simply cannot fold!
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Its so easy to face it.

Just say....Ooooh dude how fine that i lost it, now i will win it next 8 times.
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      I wish its that easy for me!
      It put me in some really pissed of state.
      I feel like braking sometihng would help, but I know it wouldnt, so I dont do crack things, but I feel really sad and frustrated about.
      Its most discouraging thing for me and right now I feel more confident to fight against Fedor Emilianenko than playing poker on nl30 on bet24.

I hope some studying and video watching later will change the effect.
    • ukcoolcat
      ukcoolcat
      Bronze
      if you're getting your money in good that's all you can do, if you suffer a bad beat it means you did everything right nothing more nothing less, keep doing the right things and eventually your luck will change, fact!
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sinnology
      I wish its that easy for me!
      It put me in some really pissed of state.
      I feel like braking sometihng would help, but I know it wouldnt, so I dont do crack things, but I feel really sad and frustrated about.
      Its most discouraging thing for me and right now I feel more confident to fight against Fedor Emilianenko than playing poker on nl30 on bet24.

I hope some studying and video watching later will change the effect.
      because the only possible result you can expect facing fedor is a facial rearrangement.
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      because the only possible result you can expect facing fedor is a facial rearrangement.
      Smartass :)
    • leeeep
      leeeep
      Bronze
      The best way is to forget about what happens after the all the money is in the pot.
      Nothing else really matters if you get your money in ahead you have won its as simple as that .

Also if you have QQ vs 99 and get it all in on the flop when he has a set

!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS IS NOT A BAD BEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.When the money went in you were behind(He invested 3/4/5/6 BBs Pre behind right?You lose 94+bb on the flop when your behind)
      2.You can fold an overpair people will hit sets and two pair
      3.Pokers not about just getting your money in a head Its also about losing the least when behind
    • SirPaulius
      SirPaulius
      Bronze
      Beer - now THERE'S a temporary solution
    • leeeep
      leeeep
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SirPaulius
      Beer - now THERE'S a temporary solution
      Or some nutty SKUNK
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Originally posted by leeeep
      The best way is to forget about what happens after the all the money is in the pot.
      Nothing else really matters if you get your money in ahead you have won its as simple as that .

1.When the money went in you were behind(He invested 3/4/5/6 BBs Pre behind right?You lose 94+bb on the flop when your behind)
      3.Pokers not about just getting your money in a head Its also about losing the least when behind
      Let me ask you something!
      Imagine a situation: Sitting on B with 20BB with pocket QQ.
      2 players limped in front of you and you make 6BB raise(14BB left in stack), guy in MP2 calls
      Flop show : 9 :spade: 8 :heart: 2 :club:

MP2 make a raise of 1/2pot(approx 8bb)
      Do you think folding here is good choice ???
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      that just makes it a nasty set-up but not a bad beat because you need to be ahead when the money gets in for it to be a bad beat ;)
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I suggest that you invest in a tracking program. This will show you two things: 1. Whether you're getting your money in good (when ahead); and
      2. Whether you are flopping sets (three of a kind) as often as everyone else.

From 1. you can take some comfort - that you made the right decision.

From 2. I expect you will find that you flops sets just as often as your opponents. It's just that you don't think of the 'bad beats' you are inflicting on them when you have QQ and they have AA and the flop is Qxx. You only think about your own bad luck. Although it's natural to do this, you have to be objective.

GL!

p.s. in the hand with QQ vs 89x, for 20bb, it's completely standard to go broke, so well played.
    • fidelllko
      fidelllko
      Bronze
      You may consider writing notes on players so that you may have any idea about the way they play their various hands
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Thx for ideas guys.
      I am writing notes most of the time, but its just too many players,so cant have notes for everyone, and I sometimes am too lazy to wirite them all the time.
      I am thinking to buy licence for PT3, so next time when I make a depsit I will invest some money into it also.

Which do you think is better pt3 or HEM?

Thx again
    • oskrgy
      oskrgy
      Bronze
      hi sinnology, visit the thread I opened a few minutes ago called 99,7 vs 0,3
      :evil:
    • leeeep
      leeeep
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sinnology

Let me ask you something!
      Imagine a situation: Sitting on B with 20BB with pocket QQ.
      2 players limped in front of you and you make 6BB raise(14BB left in stack), guy in MP2 calls
      Flop show : 9 :spade: 8 :heart: 2 :club:

MP2 make a raise of 1/2pot(approx 8bb)
      Do you think folding here is good choice ???

I doubt you have only 20BB every time this is a one off yh it would seem to be a bad fold Poker is about the long run and your 6 bb raise on 2 limpers is awfull TBH
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global

I doubt you have only 20BB every time this is a one off yh it would seem to be a bad fold Poker is about the long run and your 6 bb raise on 2 limpers is awfull TBH

You obviously miss looked, where I wrote, that i play SSS.
      If you are not famliliar with the term, it means Short Stack Strategy and it means that I play mostly with 20BB BI.
      And yes, that was good raise!
      Drop the Ego bro, we are all on the same side here.