[NL2-NL10] Nl 10 raise BU T8s

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG:
      $11,62
      SB:
      $5,28
      Hero:
      $9,85

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8:spade: , T:spade:
      UTG calls $0,10, 6 folds, Hero raises to $0,50, SB raises to $1,20, BB folds, UTG calls $1,10, Hero calls $0,70.

Flop: ($3,70) 7:spade: , K:spade: , 2:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($3,70) 2:heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $1, UTG calls $1,00, Hero calls $1,00.

River: ($6,70) 9:heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $1, UTG raises to $3,00, Hero folds, SB raises to $3,08 (All-In), UTG calls $0,08.

Final Pot: $12,86

I didn´t want to limp in, so I decided to raise on BU. I think it is good because:
      -I have the initiative
      -I have position
      -no-one puts me on T8s, so I could win a very bog pot with my straight/flush/trips
      - If blinds fold, then UTG limper might also fold (although he mostly has small pocket pairs, so it doesn´t matter what kind of flop comes, he would check/fold if he don´t hit his set.

Then SB wakes up and almost min-reraises. SB calls, so I have to call for pot odds. Flop is quite nice. Should I take the shot, because both players showed weakness not betting, also if I hit my flush I could make larger value bet. I called turn for flush value. Not sure that either. i have already bad experience, if I hit my nut flush and lost to the full house.
  • 2 replies
    • gutshotstraightdraw
      gutshotstraightdraw
      Bronze
      Would only call on the BU. If everyone folded to you on the BU you could raise, but in this spot just limp. Flop/turn and river play is fine because you don't want to get check/raised.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Kaitz20!

As gutshotstraightdraw already mentioned: except from the preflop play (limp would be better) I think you played this hand well. There is no need to be more aggressive against two opponents in a reraised pot. You are in position: take your free card.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81