Funny experience

• pook3rfac3
      pook3rfac3
      Bronze
      Ups :) sorry I did a mistake, here is correction, was working and got disturbed few times :)
      Cronology did it :) should correct me more kindly it is not so easy to describe it while workin more things at the same time :) sorry for that...

Here it goes:
      It is about fifth hand...
      6 players
      3 players fold
      My hand 2C, 8H
      I call BB (blinds are low, just do not want to show my tight play, first raise I fold, i really do not want to show my hand....)
      BU calls BB
      SB calls BB

FLOP surprises me: 2H, 2S, 7H (now I have three of a kind, but flush is treating me very hard)
      (SB raises 1-big blind, I call, BU calls)
      TURN: 9H (THERE IS NOW: 2H, 2S, 7H, 9H)

SB raises 1-big blind (he probably has pretty strong hand, but waiting for H or high pair, trying to unmask me and BU)

I call symbolic small raise (waiting for BU to act, to try to analyse if he holds two H)

BU raises 2-big blinds (he is in good position, now I am thinking if he is trying with steal the pot, amount of raise is funny)

SB folds (he probably had one H and pretty strong hand, possibility for low card on
      river is a little bit satisfying but crap...but he doesn't want to risk to wait H on river...clever decision.

Now I calculate. I should definitely fold now, do not want to risk my chips in early phase of SNG, I went in play only
      for hiding my tight play... now I have funny action. In every occasion I would definitely fold this every time, but
      now I am really thinking what to do, because I know the players very well.

Huh. What to do now ?!?! If table contains three Harts, SB definitely had one H or two, I have one H...hm..there is a little hope for me still.
      Mathematical=? If river brings me: 8 I have full house, if there is H, I have flush, If there is 2 i have 4 of a kind...
      But still counting for my first intuition - he is holding high pair and trying to steal the pot, hoping there is not a flush.

I make a decision, I put all-in to confuse BU trying to put him in into thinking maybe I am holding full house?! then
      he should fold...I also think he wont risk in early phase, it is good possibility for me that I am holding full house or
      even four of a kind. What will he do - he should fold now!....

But...HE CALLS!!!
      Showdown: he has a flush!
      I have three of a kind...

I am in big trouble now

he is getting happy already grabbing the chips...I am still calculating and hoping that river brings me full house or H...

RIVER turns slowly and I get 2! FOUR OF A KIND! I cannot believe it, what a bad play for me.
      I get reworded but i still think what a hell went wrong !!! I calculated a lot and,
      I think I would do that again against that player, but still how did I did this
      mistake?!

I WON! As a chip leader I proudly continue my game and at the end I made a FIRST place...
      What would "Mr.Mathematics" say in this occasion? that I was a dummy?!..

BU - flush
      ME - four of a kind 2 2 2 2

but then...my friend gets little bit angry with me, and I asked him - "Didn't you think that I am maybe holding full house?",
      and he said: "huh, I did not think about it"?!?!?!?! he got confused so much that he tought that flush is stronger than full house ))

Then I said, in this occasion I deserved to be winner!!!
      I paid a drink...

now this should be ok :) sorry for that again, funny thing again.. :) correct me if i am wrong :)

BR, Srdan
  • 17 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      I don't know who got confused but WHERE THE HEX DO YOU SEE FLUSH ON TRIPS BOARD: 2H 2S 7H ? WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.YOUR HOLE STORY SEEMS LIKE A TRASH..
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Originally posted by N0pr3s3n7
      I don't know who got confused but WHERE THE HEX DO YOU SEE FLUSH ON TRIPS BOARD: 2H 2S 7H ? WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.YOUR HOLE STORY SEEMS LIKE A TRASH..
      Man you cannot be so cruel:) . He really spent much time to write this novel.

And this was really funny experience i think:)
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      lol, they always have the flush on paired flops
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      I don't get it though, if you have trips on flop the board can never bring 3 hearts unless your deck is haxxed and there is 2x2 of hearts...

And should you have trips you shouldnt really fold it because there is supposedly a flush on the flop because that just doesnt fit. If it hits on the turn you might wanna get suspicious but to 1bb bets you can't really fold anyways etc.

This IS funny, cuz it just reminds me how many people are crap at poker and how fun it is to steal their moniez. :f_love:
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Dont talk about stealing....otherwise you will be arrested soon.
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      is this a level?
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Alan883
      Dont talk about stealing....otherwise you will be arrested soon.
      oh noes... ?(
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Cool story bro
    • pook3rfac3
      pook3rfac3
      Bronze
      Ups :) sorry I did a mistake, here is correction, was working and got disturbed few times :)
      Cronology did it :) should correct me more kindly it is not so easy to describe it while workin more things at the same time :) sorry for that...

Here it goes:
      It is about fifth hand...
      6 players
      3 players fold
      My hand 2C, 8H
      I call BB (blinds are low, just do not want to show my tight play, first raise I fold, i really do not want to show my hand....)
      BU calls BB
      SB calls BB

FLOP surprises me: 2H, 2S, 7H (now I have three of a kind, but flush is treating me very hard)
      (SB raises 1-big blind, I call, BU calls)
      TURN: 9H (THERE IS NOW: 2H, 2S, 7H, 9H)

SB raises 1-big blind (he probably has pretty strong hand, but waiting for H or high pair, trying to unmask me and BU)

I call symbolic small raise (waiting for BU to act, to try to analyse if he holds two H)

BU raises 2-big blinds (he is in good position, now I am thinking if he is trying with steal the pot, amount of raise is funny)

SB folds (he probably had one H and pretty strong hand, possibility for low card on
      river is a little bit satisfying but crap...but he doesn't want to risk to wait H on river...clever decision.

Now I calculate. I should definitely fold now, do not want to risk my chips in early phase of SNG, I went in play only
      for hiding my tight play... now I have funny action. In every occasion I would definitely fold this every time, but
      now I am really thinking what to do, because I know the players very well.

Huh. What to do now ?!?! If table contains three Harts, SB definitely had one H or two, I have one H...hm..there is a little hope for me still.
      Mathematical=? If river brings me: 8 I have full house, if there is H, I have flush, If there is 2 i have 4 of a kind...
      But still counting for my first intuition - he is holding high pair and trying to steal the pot, hoping there is not a flush.

I make a decision, I put all-in to confuse BU trying to put him in into thinking maybe I am holding full house?! then
      he should fold...I also think he wont risk in early phase, it is good possibility for me that I am holding full house or
      even four of a kind. What will he do - he should fold now!....

But...HE CALLS!!!
      Showdown: he has a flush!
      I have three of a kind...

I am in big trouble now

he is getting happy already grabbing the chips...I am still calculating and hoping that river brings me full house or H...

RIVER turns slowly and I get 2! FOUR OF A KIND! I cannot believe it, what a bad play for me.
      I get reworded but i still think what a hell went wrong !!! I calculated a lot and,
      I think I would do that again against that player, but still how did I did this
      mistake?!

I WON! As a chip leader I proudly continue my game and at the end I made a FIRST place...
      What would "Mr.Mathematics" say in this occasion? that I was a dummy?!..

BU - flush
      ME - four of a kind 2 2 2 2

but then...my friend gets little bit angry with me, and I asked him - "Didn't you think that I am maybe holding full house?",
      and he said: "huh, I did not think about it"?!?!?!?! he got confused so much that he tought that flush is stronger than full house ))

Then I said, in this occasion I deserved to be winner!!!
      I paid a drink...

now this should be ok :) sorry for that again, funny thing again.. :) correct me if i am wrong :)

BR, Srdan
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      you only need for cards to make a flush or straight! let me explain the rules of poker.

1card - high card
      2cards - pairs
      3cards - trips
      4cards - flushes/4 of a kind
      5cards - straight flush/royal flush

so a set of 5 cards beat a set of 4 cards, a set of 4 cards beats a set of 3 cards. so on and so forth. but of cos 4 of a kind > flush and royal flush > straight flush.

i think im missing straights, is that 4 or 5 card? argghh so confusing! :f_confused:
    • pook3rfac3
      pook3rfac3
      Bronze
      :) i know...there is a post with correction. sorry for that.
    • pook3rfac3
      pook3rfac3
      Bronze
      thx ihufa, Alan883, seems I coud get some good friends out here :)
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      @pook3rfac3 : you're cute, in a non gay way! :f_cool: good luck at the tables
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      This kind of reflects microstakes players' view of poker: 99% metagame, 1% probabilities and strategy. I'm assuming this is not a level.
    • pook3rfac3
      pook3rfac3
      Bronze
      lol, thx supeyrio, seems the day started better today :) already got pretty satisfying results in 2 SNG, could be better, it was early morning and concentration failed in the late phase (third place twice) . Hope to play one day at the same table.

Your diamond status just easily correspond your way of thinking. Respect.
    • Sezmic
      Sezmic
      Bronze
      wow you just made a joke of Mr mathemathics... Btw i love your story and your persona
    • pook3rfac3
      pook3rfac3
      Bronze
      Sezmic: lol , it could be a slogan :) hehe, thx