UTG: $2.15
      UTG+1: $3.53
      UTG+2: $12.76
      MP1: $2.78
      Hero (MP2): $7.50
      CO: $6.13
      BTN: $4.60

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is MP2 with K :heart: K :diamond:
      2 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.05, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.25, 4 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.57) T :spade: J :club: 3 :diamond: (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $0.40, UTG+2 raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.37) 7 :club: (2 players)
      UTG+2 bets $1.35, Hero calls $1.35

River: ($5.07) A :spade: (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero checks

Here i think i should have folded the turn. Is calling the flop re raise ok as i feel alot of times he is doing this with a random jack or hands like 89.
  • 2 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      The biggest factor here (for me) would be the stack sizes and how villain is playing, which you haven't included.

I don't think I could play this hand well without a read so I'd re-raise his 0.90c on the flop (maybe $2) as I can't expect him to be in front unless he is a pretty loose player and plays T,J off etc. If he has pocket T's or J's I'd expect him to raise it up preflop, although hard to tell again unless you have information on the villain.

If you felt he was doing this with a random J or 8,9 you should of made him pay a lot more for the turn card, as you are beating almost everything you think his range is. I'm not sure if we get called after the $2 and the 7 comes down I can continue though.

These thoughts are just how I would play and the players that use equalators and are more mathematical in their play may or may not disagree.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      The biggest factor here (for me) would be the stack sizes and how villain is playing, which you haven't included.

I don't think I could play this hand well without a read so I'd re-raise his 0.90c on the flop (maybe $2) as I can't expect him to be in front unless he is a pretty loose player and plays T,J off etc. If he has pocket T's or J's I'd expect him to raise it up preflop, although hard to tell again unless you have information on the villain.

If you felt he was doing this with a random J or 8,9 you should of made him pay a lot more for the turn card, as you are beating almost everything you think his range is. I'm not sure if we get called after the $2 and the 7 comes down I can continue though.

These thoughts are just how I would play and the players that use equalators and are more mathematical in their play may or may not disagree.
      Sounds fine to me. Either he's randomly spazzing out with worse hands enough for us to not fold, or he's not and we're bound to run into some kind of better hand. And since we have no idea how he's playing, we can't weight his range properly. I'd usually call being somewhat deep if I feel he might just rarely show up with worse hands.

Since you feel personally that he's often doing that with worse hands, like MrMardyBum suggested, just 3-bet for value so that he call your value raise and then bet the turn again on most cards.

Hope it helps.