This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL200- Hero Call King High River?

• qakaripodon
      qakaripodon
      Bronze
      Aright, I open raise KQo from mp2
      co&bu fold, small blind calls (82/0/45 - vp$ip/pfr/wtsd)

flop = i cbet 1/2potsize cuz he can't have much, board is fairly dry and i can rep AJ,KJ,QJ+overpairs and my image has been fairly tight last recent hands, he calls
      at this point his range is weak Jack, middle pair, and plenty of draws

turn = comes 7, he checks i check behind because i dont think he'll fold any of the flop range because he is kinda fishy and i pot control

river = 7 pairs the turn 7 and the board reads 2, J, 6 7 7
      and he tanks a little and pots it ..

based on the board (TWO flush draw missed, straight draw missed) his flop-turn play and his pot size in the river combined with aggresion stats

imma be more inclined towards a hero call here..

so what's my play here?

No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (7 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($314.80)
      Button ($34)
      SB ($131.95)
      BB ($201)
      UTG ($59)
      MP1 ($242)
      Hero (MP2) ($40)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, Q
      2 folds, Hero bets $6, 2 folds, SB calls $5, 1 fold

Flop: ($14) 2, J, 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7, SB calls $7

Turn: ($28) 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($28) 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $28, Hero ???
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

preflop is standard if Fish is on blinds
      On the flop you should be more thinking about if you will barrel on a Turn , Ace, Ten besides the K//Q

This guy plays 82/0 so even thinking about ''repping stuff'' is in my opinion pretty backfiring because this guy is only looking at his own hand.

Since I dont know the sample size nor fold contibet (I assume you have 100-200ish hands on him seeing AFq 71% of 7 trials) I cannot discuss the Turnplay.
      You said you wanted to Pot control but you have King hi hence little SD value

What I would do is either cBet/shove this 7 if I know he is going to call me with Flushdraws (=worse) ánd can fold some low PPs

or I would check back Flop and evaluate the Turn to determine whether betting has some merits on the Turn/River respectively.

As played he needs to have a non-nut flushdraw 33% of the time betting here. 5 out of 7 times he bet on the River (thats the 71%) so despite the fact that your sample may be a little low and biased (different board textures)
      You can make a call here.

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • qakaripodon
      qakaripodon
      Bronze
      Hi Gerv again

as for the barreling i will never barrell a turn ten( if checked ill take the free card) ace( as you said he wont fold anything that called flop) and ill definetly won't barrell a :diamond: ..

Thanks for the review..by the way I made the call..he showed 5 :club: 3 :club: :f_confused:

p.s: one more question..do you know how to calculate If I want to know for example *how much success needed%* with a certain play..for example in a 1/2$ game a limper limps..I isoraise to 8$..!?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      You risk $8 to win $5 (Blinds+1bb) so you need 61% FEQ (8 divided by [8+5]) to be profitable if you are only aiming for the limper and the rest of the field to be folding