Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,39
      BU:
      $6,13

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8:diamond: , T:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,14, BU raises to $0,48, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1,25, BU calls $0,77.

Flop: ($2,56) 5:diamond: , A:diamond: , J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,20, BU raises to $4,88 (All-In), Hero calls $1,94 (All-In).

I know preflop is very debatable and it's my big leak, that i go too fancy with light preflop 3 and 4bets against opponents without proper reads. I'll definitely work on it.

Now, on the flop, i am totally lost. What's the best line here? Push to maximize FE?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't think preflop is bad unless you do it way too often. Villain is 30/28 and fits the profile of lags that will abuse 3-betting on the button regardless of your image pretty much (even if you're very tight it just means you fold a ton of stuff to a 3-bet).

On the flop you don't really have a choice you're going with it at that point and only bet/calling makes sense. Ideally you'd want to c-bet smaller since you will rarely beat an amount that is so obviously committing when you flopped a set of jacks or even TPTK, especially on a board that obviously smashes your value 4-betting range. That said if you believe there is a chance you get more hands to fold by betting more, go ahead.

I generally won't plain jam the flop since I believe if anything it looks bluffier to people who understand that you have no real interest in betting huge with a value hand.

Hope it helps.