Where to start

• danjef
      danjef
      Bronze
      I've been playing SnG tournaments using the strategy from this website and it works pretty well, but im kind of intrested in playing ring games but everytime i tryed before reading strategys it seems way to easy to lose lots of money, which strategy i adviced for a beginner?
  • 3 replies
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Hey danjef,

I would personally stick to the strategy which you find most interesting. You are going to make more money in the long run at that if you continue to work and improve on your game. If you want to try ring games more make sure you are following the strategy properly and sticking to correct bankroll management. The strategy that I would use is BSS. I would have advised SSS but it is very hard to play that at poker sites because of the minimum buyin changes. Perhaps you could watch some videos or read more articles? I have left a few links below which should help your game.

Hopefully this helps

Kind Regards,
      Toby
    • danjef
      danjef
      Bronze
      Thanks for the infomation i will continue to use and try to improve on my SnG strat but lately i keep getting dumb call and then rivers that finish me off (just major bad luck i guess),
      I did read and check about the SSS but it said to rebuy chips when you drop to a certian limit and cash out of a certian limit does this mean if you never hit you keep re buying chips? and you still only cashout at the amount suggested, which would mean if i buy in and rebuy-in but still cash out at the point point i would lose money.
      I will take your advice and take a look at the BSS when i need another break from my SnG's. thanks.
    • OnkelHotte
      OnkelHotte
      Black
      Originally posted by danjef

I did read and check about the SSS but it said to rebuy chips when you drop to a certian limit and cash out of a certian limit does this mean if you never hit you keep re buying chips? and you still only cashout at the amount suggested, which would mean if i buy in and rebuy-in but still cash out at the point point i would lose money.
      I am not sure if I got this right but basically yes. If you do not win much and have to rebuy as your stack droped to a certain size you will of cours lose money as everybody does who just does not win or w while:)

However we must make clear that there is not confusion about the term "cashout". SSS just talks about leaving the table. Cashout basically means to transfer funds awy from a pokerskin to e.g. your credit card or bank account, means, withdraw liquidity from the pokerskin or network.

Regards,
      Tobias