[NL20-NL50] Nl50-Fr

• dylboi011
      dylboi011
      Bronze
      i flop a full from bb great, should i bet strong straight away and get value from flush draws/ JJJ or is checking ok to let someone hit an A/K/Q cos they dont like to give up top pairs on pkr :f_biggrin:

anyhow i checked made a potish size bet on the turn then continue on river, what is your line after getting raised is a flat call a better option on the river because trips would have raised my bet on the turn for protection so is it more likely he has slow played full house, but by flat calling am i losing out more value from straights and trips?

also if you re raise how much would it be to, and if he re raises again is it foldable,

this is my first big hand since moving up to nl50, so im still trying to find my feet

thanks in advance

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($21.07)
      Hero ($69.66)
      UTG ($43.75)
      UTG+1 ($65.80)
      UTG+2 ($43.75)
      MP1 ($56.48)
      MP2 ($70.51)
      CO ($46)
      BTN ($45.27)

Dealt to Hero 4:spade: 4:diamond:

UTG calls $0.50, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $0.50, fold, SB calls $0.25, Hero checks

FLOP ($2) J:club: J:diamond: 4:club:

SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks

TURN ($2) J:club: J:diamond: 4:club: T:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.25, UTG folds, CO calls $1.25, SB calls $1.25

RIVER ($5.75) J:club: J:diamond: 4:club: T:diamond: 7:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $4.50, CO raises to $9, SB folds, [color=red]Hero ?????
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      I would bet sth like $1 on the flop. You will be called by pairs, FD, 4x, A high and you have to build the pot.

On the river I'm just shoving into his face. He just has enough straights/Jx hands and sometimes random bluffs so...
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I like to donk the flop figuring that some people won't fold overcards anyway and if somebody has a J we can build a huge pot right away. Getting value out of the random flushdraws out there is obviously an added bonus.

On the turn I'd bet bigger, lots of draws out there there is more value to be had, people won't decide to fold stuff like diamonds/clubs/KQ just because it's $1.8 instead of $1.25, I doubt they even fold if you pot it.

On the river if you're convinced he could overplay worse hands to the extent of calling a shove with them I like kymupa's idea. As a default I'll usually make it something like $25 instead to make sure people don't get into that fish whole "it's my whole stack oh my god if i lose i can't play anymore, should I fold?" mentality. If there is any chance he calls a shove as easily as he calls a smaller 3-bet, by all means go ahead. I especially like it if you noticed your opponent is playing fast, these people will often tilt-call the shove without really realizing how big it is.

Hope it helps.
    • dylboi011
      dylboi011
      Bronze
      thanks, i shoved and he timebanked then finally called with the nuts :(