[NL20-NL50] What can you do situations?

• Dublimax
      Hi all,

Ok I had a bad session last night. However I think that it was more what I call a what can i do situations. I still want to post these hands just to be sure that I played them well.

1) First hand:

iPoker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - iPoker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($53.27)
      Button ($52.61)
      SB ($37.97)
      BB ($17.87)
      UTG ($59.99)
      Hero (MP) ($46.50)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K, K
      UTG bets $1.75, Hero raises to $6, 1 fold, Button raises to $18.75, 3 folds, Hero raises to $46.50 (All-In), Button calls $27.75

Flop: ($95.50) 3, 4, 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($95.50) J (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($95.50) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $95.50 | Rake: $3

Villain is VP:39/PR:9/Afq:36 over 103 hands
      Ok of course to go AI preflop?

2) Second Hand

iPoker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - iPoker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($58.08)
      BB ($51.23)
      UTG ($16.29)
      Hero (MP) ($53.17)
      Button ($53.52)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 10, 10
      UTG bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, 2 folds, BB calls $4, UTG calls $3

Flop: ($13.75) Q, 10, Q (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($13.75) 2 (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG bets $4, Hero calls $4, BB calls $4

River: ($25.75) 6 (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $12.87, BB raises to $42.73 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero calls $29.86

Total pot: $111.21 | Rake: $3

Villain is 21/6/36 over 97 hands

3) Third hand

iPoker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - iPoker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($51.44)
      BB ($117.34)
      UTG ($82.46)
      MP ($28.23)
      Hero (CO) ($50.75)
      Button ($50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, K
      2 folds, Hero bets $1.50, 1 fold, SB raises to $5, 1 fold, Hero raises to $15.50, SB raises to $51.44 (All-In), Hero calls $35.25 (All-In)

Flop: ($102) 2, Q, 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: ($102) 3 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($102) 5 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $102 | Rake: $3

Villain is 24/24/53 over 721 hands, he has been a bit aggressive that is why I went AI with AK which I don't really like to do.

Thanks for the review of this painful session (lost all the hands)...
  • 6 replies
    • FonzzySVK
      1. Not much to say. Nice hand sir.
      2. Here only beats you QQ/QT. He has only 4 outs with Qx, but I still prefer c-bet half pot as a preflop aggressor.
      3. If you dont like shove AK preflop, than it`s easy 3-bet call and see the flop IP.
    • nttflox
      Hand number one, I'm pretty sure BU has AA there since he doesn't raises that much preflop.
      Hand number two, I guess you can slowplay on the flop in the hope someone will do something stupid, but you should make a raise on the turn to get some money into the pot.
      Hand number three, nice hand.
    • N0pr3s3n7
      1. He is much of the time having AA there.He is super loose passive and his preflop raises and vpip proves it.After he 3bet your 3bet the only hand you can hope for is a KK for a split.And you have KK so the hope ends a little bit.I doubt he can do it with QQ but if he hasn't been getting lately nice hands he will.

2.Only QT beats you so it's hard to fold it out there as BB can have 22 or 66.It's really strange how he played I mean he definitely shows super strong hand e.g. a full house 100% of the time.But when i look into his stats only QT is possible.Since you got TT it comes up to talking less and acting more as the all in was the only decision to make.I would actually 100% fold 22 there and might think about the 66.

3.Use 3bet / fold to 3bet stats.From these stats you can't make any conclusions on his hand.I'd say this TAGish opponents aren't ever 4betting all in with AK.The only hand you can hope he has is a QQ for a flippy mode.All his other range can you way behind.
    • Dublimax
      @ FonzzySVK
      2) agreed on the CBet most of the time but I flopped full house here so I think it is ok to slow play it. When he goes all in I put him on AQ.
      3) agreed - especially with position. But again , he was very aggressive so thats why I shoved Preflop.

@ nttfklox
      1) PR 9 includes much more hands than AA.

@ NOpr3s3n7
      1) see above - do you guys really fold KK preflop? I never do it unless villain is PR:2

Thanks for the comments
    • Alan883
      You can fold KK only if you are deep with your opponent. But also that could be very tricky.

I think i would play all hands exactly like you.

Keep it doing like this.
    • MaestroOfZerg

If there is any chance he does that with something other than AA we have to jam it in his face given the dead money and the fact that he's only a half stack. I'm not against tough/tight folds even with very strong hands when I believe my opponent has me crushed, I'll do a fair share of those myself, but in that spot and especially if villain recently suffered a loss to his stack, I'm shoving over most of the time.

I don't slowplay TT on that board, there are plenty of OESD/gutshots/trips hands BB can have, even KK+ figuring he'll let the fish in the pot. The shorty fish is obviously a non-problem, we can easily go broke against him at any time.

So I'd make a cunning 1/2 c-bet on that board, since it's still scary enough that we want to give pocket pairs a reason to believe we're full of it and it will allow the fishy to jam over without locking the betting for this street, which means it's easier to trap BB in there sometimes.

As played on the turn once I started with the goofy line I'd would continue with it by minraising the fish, BB might figure it doesn't make any sense and peel us, the fish can and will play badly regardless so it can't hurt. Also BB will usually lead the turn himself if he has anything worse paying off with, so we only push him off a weak range he can't bluff with out of position 3-way anyway.

Fine by me, tho you don't need to make your 4-bet so big especially if you want to be able to 1/ induce 5-bets from worse hands 2/ 4-bet bluff cheap-ish occasionally. $13 will do just fine, you can even go lower since your opponents will usually have polarized ranges that they can't really just call with anyway.

Hope it helps.