[NL2-NL10] Nl 10 AK played wrong

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+2:
      $3,38
      MP1:
      $12,99
      Hero:
      $9,85

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:diamond: , A:heart:
      UTG+2 calls $0,10, MP1 raises to $0,50, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,50, 2 folds, UTG+2 calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,65) K:heart: , 8:spade: , A:club: (3 players)
      UTG+2 checks, MP1 bets $0,30, Hero raises to $1,20, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0,90.

Turn: ($4,05) 7:club: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0,10, Hero calls $0,10.

River: ($4,25) 3:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0,60, Hero calls $0,60.

Final Pot: $5,45

Should I bet 4$ on the turn. I thought that he might slowplay AA or KK, but mostly min bet means very cheap block bet.

2)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $13,33
      UTG+1:
      $9,90

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , K:club:
      UTG+1 raises to $0,40, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,40, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0,95) J:spade: , T:club: , 7:club: (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $1, Hero calls $1,00.

Turn: ($2,95) K:heart: (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $2, Hero calls $2,00.

River: ($6,95) J:club: (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $5, Hero calls $5,00.

Final Pot: $16,95

I can´t call river, because every possible hand beats me. Also I don´t like to re-raise with my AK EP raisers. I should do that with MP raisers but to me all NL 10 players seems quite tight to me, so i don´t want to build big pot just my two high cards.
  • 6 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      1. hand.

I would reraise preflop to 1.5, because you are IP and you want to see, how good your hand is, compared to his.

The reraise on the flop is right, but maybe a litle bit to small. I would reraise to 1.50$. You've got Top 2 pair!

Reraise the Turn! The 7 is a blank card. You need to value bet.

This bet from him looks like a very smal block bet. He maybe's got a Hand like AT and doesn't want to invest much more money in the hand. I would reraise.

2. hand

again I would reraise preflop.

Why do you call the Flop? you've only got a gutshot + Overcards.
      And again you've got to discount them, because of the Flush(draw)

The Turn card is actually really bad for you. You don't have any clue what kind of Hand your opponent holds, because you only called him down.
      But there's no other play than calling again now, because reraising would commit you to the pot and you don't want to risk all your money in such a Hand on such a Board. Fold after the Riverbet. You called him 3 times. He's got to think that You've got at least a good Hand. But he still bets, what indicates much strength

I can't wait to read what the judges think about the Hands.. because I'm not sure myself. You brought yourself in a really risky situation
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      A bit off topic but, hey Kaitz20, been burned with the AK vs early pos raisers eh? :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Not really. While I was playing SSS, it was pushing Ak LP and lost mostly, because I was behind or I was unlucky. NL 10 BSS I´m big stack and I don´t want to build big pot pre-flop and then bet/fold flop.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Reasons to raise AK pf:

1)You might win the pot uncontested.

2)You maximize your chances of playing HU on the flop.

3)You cut down on your opponents implied odds (especially of those still to act).

4)Value (versus most opponents).

5)You often have your opponent dominated in a biggish pot on the flop and villain cannot get away from his hand. eg. Villain calls your 3-bet with,AQ,KQ etc. and an A/K flops.

6)You can sometimes make a good fold to a 4-bet and thus avoid being dominated yourself.

7) You can sometimes "buy the button".

Hand 1 is liker Chiller said.

Remember though that with two A's and two K's accounted for AA/KK are very unlikely. AQ is in fact 4 times as likely as AA/KK given that villain doesn't fold AQ pf in these spots.

Hand 2 is also a fold on the flop for me without any specific reads.
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nunki
      6)You can sometimes make a good fold to a 4-bet and thus avoid being dominated yourself.
      Very important aspect :)
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

Nice analysis so far. Here is mine:

Hand 1) Reraise preflop. Why? Look at Nunki's post ;) Raise more on the flop (~$1.50). Raise on the turn and put him all-in on the river.

Hand 2) Didn't I analyse that hand before? Hm...well....Raise preflop. As played: fold flop because you only have a gutshot plus overcards and you have to discount your outs because of the flush draw. As played: Turn is ok. Fold river because you don't beat many hands which make a nearly potsize bet here.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81