This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl 10 JTs raise fro MP

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Had upswing, so I thought I would play looser.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+2:
      $13,26
      Hero:
      $12,28
      CO:
      $8,50

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:club: , T:club:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0,10, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0,50, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,50, 3 folds, UTG+2 calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,65) 7:club: , 8:diamond: , 4:diamond: (3 players)
      UTG+2 bets $0,50, Hero calls $0,50, CO folds.

Turn: ($2,65) 9:spade: (2 players)
      UTG+2 bets $1, Hero raises to $11,28 (All-In), UTG+2 folds.

Final Pot: $14,93

Got 2 callers and UTG bet out to me. Bet was so tiny, that I decided to call and maybe I hit my straight^^. I pushed turn because I hoped that he has 2 pair, maybe set, maybe he was on the flush draw and there might be a lot scary cards on the river and I don´t want to call his push.
  • 3 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      adjust me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, JTs from MP is a claer fold.

Even from CO it's Raise 0/Fold

And the Call on The Flop, imo is wrong, too.
      you've got 4 outs + overcards and the CO can still act behind you!
      you've even got to discount your outs, because of the possible flush(draw)
      On the Turn I would reraise to 3.5$, wich gives him wrong odds to call with a flushdraw, but he maybe calls with a weaker Hand wich folds against the push, like a bad played overpair.
    • gutshotstraightdraw
      gutshotstraightdraw
      Bronze
      Agree with Chiller3k

preflop: fold
      flop: fold
      turn: fold....oh wait....raise to $4

Why did you play JT from MP?
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Had upswing, so I thought I would play looser.
      Hi Kaitz20!

As I already mentioned in the cash games discussion board: Don't play differently while you are having an upswing or downswing. Always try to play your A-game!

Concerning your hand: I agree with Chiller3k and gutshotstraightdraw: fold preflop, fold on the flop and don't bet so much on the turn.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81