$6.23
      MP2:
      $10.21
      MP3:
      $7.54
      CO:
      $10.89

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, J.
      4 folds, BU raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.6) 3, J, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BU raises to $1.60, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.8) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($3.8) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.80, Hero calls $1.80.

Final Pot: $7.4.

How should i play this?
      should i donk flop or c/c or c/r?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Short answer: without reads, no idea. Every line can be both fine and awful against different types of players, which is why you should always try to understand how your opponents are playing if you want to be able to choose your lines wisely.

As a default I'd probably check the flop so that he can bluff his airball hands and then either call the c-bet or raise it and go broke depending on how likely he is not to believe my raise on that "please bluff-raise the preflop raiser he can't have anything" board.

As played on the turn your hand is likely only good if he was bluffing on the flop or he happens to have something like KJ, so you should decide whether you're mostly giving up or if you wanna try to represent the flush and take him off his likely overpairs/KJ+/some flushes range. I'd advise just plain giving up unless he bets really small and even then..

As played on the river it looks like an overpair that momentarily got scared by the flushing turn card and is now confident you don't have it. I guess people could valuebet KJ there sometimes, QJ I doubt it. I'd still fold unless he's capable of taking that bet/check/bet line as a bluff, which most regs won't.

Hope it helps.