Accound closed. Please help

• Sieghardt
      Sieghardt
      Bronze
      Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker Support.

We are writing to inform you that your Full Tilt Poker account has now been closed.

As a result of a comprehensive security review we have taken the decision to exclude you from the site.

It has been determined that the account has been used in a manner that is in direct violation of the Full Tilt Poker Site Terms and End User License Agreement:

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/site-terms
      http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/end_user_license_agreement

These are the rules of fair play and ethical conduct that you agreed to be bound by when you registered an account on Full Tilt Poker. As such, you are also subject to any repercussions for violating those terms and conditions.

In particular, we remind you of our policy against the use of prohibited software:

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/prohibited_programs

When you registered an account on Full Tilt Poker, you agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
      Due to these violations your account has been permanently suspended and any remaining funds will be forfeited to compensate the victims of your actions.

Do not create any more accounts on Full Tilt Poker. If you attempt to do so, the account will be closed and any associated funds will also be forfeited.

Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us.

Regards,

Ashley H
      Security
      Full Tilt Poker

I got this email after trying to make a withdrawal of 200$. I looked trough the list of programs and I have never used any of them. I am really shocked...has anyone been trough this? or does anybody know what i can do? ty
  • 26 replies
    • Sieghardt
      Sieghardt
      Bronze
      Also i have about 2000$ on full tilt, i do not conceive loosing that
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      OMG OMG OMG.

I have already heard some stories like your is here on PokerStrategy.

If you didn't make anything wrong just contact them with all details and i think you will solve this issue.

Here noone could help you unless if someone share his experiences with similar situation. But i think there were some in past and ppl solved them.

Good luck mate.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I took a look at Terms. I also read that it is prohibited to use program like TableScanner etc. I dont know how do they check if u use it or not but in any case it would be great to take a look at terms so there won't be similar issues in future.
    • Schris7
      Schris7
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alan883
      I took a look at Terms. I also read that it is prohibited to use program like TableScanner etc. I dont know how do they check if u use it or not but in any case it would be great to take a look at terms so there won't be similar issues in future.
      it is not really hard , usually accepting the terms of a company and install their program is like they use a legal trojan at your pc so they can monitor all your application.

2. Programs or services that provide additional information on opponents that a player would not normally be privy to:

Certain programs, websites, and subscription services provide extra information on opponents which may not be used during play. For example, the use of shared databases of tournament histories, results, and statistics are not permitted. Specific examples include:

* SharkScope
      * Top Shark
      * Smart Buddy
      * Poker Table Ratings

Maybe u use any of these sites to collect data ? I dont know though how solid these info are for banning cause i ve known many ppl that using these kind of sites during play and they didnt get any punishment. Maybe u use any homemade script for hotkeys or something like that ?Keep us informed for your situation .

Gl
    • Sieghardt
      Sieghardt
      Bronze
      I took a look at terms also. I have never used any of the programs mentioned there. I only use 2 things:

- The equilator, but i never use while playing, because i used to play rush and there is no time to use it while playing so many hands.

- pokertableratings, but this i also never use while playing.

Other than this I don't even have Holdem Manager or Elephant so I don't get what the problem could be.

I almost always keep yahoo messenger open while playing, and I sometimes discuss about poker and about hands with a friend that plays on Party Poker.
      But in terms it says that instant messaging programs are allowed, except for the case you are playing with someone ah the same table and are sharing your hands, which i never did.

I sent them an email explaining that I didn't do anything wrong and I would like my account to be reactivated, and they answered that the decision is permanent.

So it seems I just lost 2200$....my whole br which I'm grinding on for 6 months...I feel like I'm loosing my mind ?(
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Hello Sieghardt,

Personally I think you will get more help if you make a post over at 2+2. This is because Full Tilt Poker have two staff members who read the forums and try to help in spots.

If you make a post called "FTP Account Locked" in this forum section you are bound to get help http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/.

Try to include as much detailed information as possible this includes all the emails sent and received from FTP (blocking out important information with ***), all the poker programs you have installed and when you use them, and any other detailed information.

If you don't post this information straight away people will just ask for it anyway so then you won't have to make another long post.

Also another thing is that you can request your case to be sent to the management. If they refuse to this just inform them you are going to make a compliant to their gambling commission (and then do it regardless of what they say)

Link to the thread once you get it and keep us updated!

Kind Regards,
      Toby
    • Sieghardt
      Sieghardt
      Bronze
      Ty very much Toby. This is the link
      http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/ftp-account-locked-822889/

Really hope things work out
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sieghardt
      I took a look at terms also. I have never used any of the programs mentioned there. I only use 2 things:

- The equilator, but i never use while playing, because i used to play rush and there is no time to use it while playing so many hands.

- pokertableratings, but this i also never use while playing.

(
      Hi Sieghardt,

Can't really add much to Toby's excellent post, however just for reference and specifically for the benefit of other members reading this thread:

Always ensure that you close Equilator (and any similar software) whilst running or having the Full Tilt lobby open. Any software that calculates odds etc can be deemed illegal and even if you're not actually using it, platforms can sometimes identify it being open whilst your playing.

Platforms are, quite rightly, getting really sophisticated in monitoring this type of stuff now, so always close other software, websites etc before playing.

Hope you are able to sort this out with Full Tilt Sieghardt, let us know how you get on.

Best regards,

Bart
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      according to ftp website:
      A large variety of poker calculators are available for computing probabilities specified by the user. These programs are generally allowed, provided that they are not being used in a way that is in conflict with the previously mentioned restrictions. Examples include:

* twodimes.net
      * Poker Stove
      * Cardplayer Poker Odds Calculator
      * Poker Academy Poker Odds Calculator and Hand Evaluator

if poker stove can be run, why not pokerstrategy equilator?
    • onepark
      onepark
      Bronze
      this is pretty bad..
      specially they didnt even give him any warning!
      which they should. at least one warning!
      and also this was done when he tries to withdraw $

maybe i will keep my eye on this and see wat happens worse case i might just play at Poker stars...
    • 1raindog1
      1raindog1
      Bronze
      I REALLY REALLY mean this: If you never did ANYTHING to give yourself an edge over other players that has nothing to do with your skill and training, I SO hope you get unbanned and all your money back.

That being said, I SO wish that pokersite would simply change their TOS to one simple clear rule: "You want to play poker here, you use NO software other than our client, you make sure your sorry a** NEVER shows at a site that let's you read up on other players stats or playing style or even the funny hat he wears when he plays live."
      No more to it. The sheer though that I could lose out on XYZ amount of $$ at a table because someone read on a website that I have in the past shoved my chips with AQs in the CO at SNGs makes me want to break something, preferably the players nose and 9/10 fingers of the jerk who wrote the programm / website.

Again, I will assume you belong to the clean category of players who work on improving their skills and that you get your money back.

As a sidenote: I really don't like this strangely smelling air this whole thing has to it. If FTP or any other poker room would know that someone is cheating, they should be kicked, banned and stripped of their BR the very same second. Everything else is just plain wrong.
    • Sieghardt
      Sieghardt
      Bronze
      One of FTP staff member said that he talked to the security team about this and that they are currently re-viewing the case. Hope for a positive answer, cause I sincerely never did anything to cheat. Ty for the support
    • oedipa
      oedipa
      Bronze
      Hello Sieghardt,

I hope your case will get solved soon if possible, in positive way :)
      To the equilator - I wrote an email to FT support yesterday just out of curiosity, because I don't use it while playing and I got a positive answer. It is allowed to use, as it falls to the same category as manual odds calculators.
      So it shouldn't be the reason for closing the account.
    • shutty20
      shutty20
      Bronze
      hope you get it all sorted!

just to make sure of something, does anyone know if you will get banned for using elephant?
    • Sieghardt
      Sieghardt
      Bronze
      Just got a mail from FTP. They reviewed the case and decided I can withdraw the whole ammount, ~2200$. However, my account will remain closed and I can no longer play at FTP.

I mailed them back explaining that I still don't know what their reasons for doing this are, and that I would still like to play at FTP, but that if their decision is made, I respect it.

Thank you everyone for your support, esp TobyCS. If you're ever trough Timisoara let me know so I can buy you a drink :D

Cheers
    • 1raindog1
      1raindog1
      Bronze
      That is an extremely weird ruling. Either you did something "wrong" then your money is gone. Or your slate is clean, in which case you should be able to play...

I must say, that does not shed a good light on FTP, makes me wonder if they would keep someone cheating in the game just so that they can keep generating rake and only hit them with the banning rod when they try to take their money out... Not good.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      At least you got your money back :)

Once you receive it you should email FTP again and ask to spend your points, iron man medals, and academy points. I saw a similar case where they were allowed to. Don't do it before you get your money in case they change their mind on the entire case.

Also you should probably post in your 2p2 post letting people know (unless FTP told you not to)
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      can you use sharkscope when ftp client is closed, or when you are not logged in your account?
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      This is an annoying piece of news. I'm glad the OP got his BR back but I still have a couple of questions:
      -does this mean FTP could ban me for using the equilator since I couldn't prove I used it to check my odds and ranges for a hand I had already played out, while I still have the tables open?
      -does this mean FTP could close my account for using HEM/PT3/PS Elephant/... programs which display stats etc.?

I play on stars but if such tendencies begin appearing on one service provider it may well become common practice everywhere ...