$0.85
      MP2:
      $1.22
      MP3:
      $4.79
      CO (Hero):
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3, 3.
      UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 raises to $0.04, MP2 calls $0.04, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.04, 3 folds, UTG2 calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.19) 3, J, 4 (4 players)
      UTG2 checks, MP1 bets $0.08, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.67) A (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.42, MP1 calls $0.42.

River: ($1.51) J (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15.

Final Pot: $1.81.
      Results follow:

MP1 shows two pairs, queens and jacks(Q Q).
      Hero shows a full-house, threes full of jacks(3 3).

Hero wins with a full-house, threes full of jacks(3 3).

I assumed he didn't have a flush and seemed to be afraid of it.
  • 6 replies
    • Pnnkaznk
      Pnnkaznk
      Bronze
      why didn't go all in on river?
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      Pnnkaznk, they are all in on the river.

@OP: Against a short stack i wouldn't fear the possible flush on the flop and instead focus on getting all his money in the middle the least risk free way possible. To me this would be simply a call on the flop, because a cbet that missed the board can't stand your reraise there.

The call on the flop makes the pot $0.35 and gives your opponent a stack of $0.73. If he makes a standard double barrel on the turn of say $0.22 the pot is $0.79 and your opponent's stack is $0.51. So you can price him in on the river. Or go all in on the turn after he bets, it's the same thing. If your opponent checks the turn you make the same bet of $0.22 to him instead and hope he calls so he'll feel priced in on the river again.
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fryandspicy
      Pnnkaznk, they are all in on the river.

@OP: Against a short stack i wouldn't fear the possible flush on the flop and instead focus on getting all his money in the middle the least risk free way possible. To me this would be simply a call on the flop, because a cbet that missed the board can't stand your reraise there.

The call on the flop makes the pot $0.35 and gives your opponent a stack of $0.73. If he makes a standard double barrel on the turn of say $0.22 the pot is $0.79 and your opponent's stack is $0.51. So you can price him in on the river. Or go all in on the turn after he bets, it's the same thing. If your opponent checks the turn you make the same bet of $0.22 to him instead and hope he calls so he'll feel priced in on the river again.
      Problem with this is you price UTG2 with draws in. Should just be raise flop and shove turn.
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      Double post.
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      Yeah but it's very unlikely that he actually has two clubs, especially when the club that does hit is an ace. And even if he does you can hit a full house (which did in fact happen). I think i would prefer to take the risk and let him hit his flush if he does in fact have the draw to allow the weaker hands to get all in against me.

That said maybe top pair would go all in anyway. And even middle pair apparently... probably reraising flop is best. I think i'm often too timid with my made hands.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Make it $0.30 on the flop and jam the turn, he's not folding Ax or any random hand that somehow has a club, and we still have outs even if he has a made flush.

Be careful with the "the As is on board so there are a lot less combos of flushdraws out there". While it does make a real difference against thinking players, or more generally taggish people playing solid value hands, most fishy players will be content with getting into a pot for cheap with pretty much any two suited cards, meaning the % of Axs draws among all draws is actually less significant.

Hope it helps.