[NL2-NL10] pocket 7 UTG

• cutegoldfish
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with 7, 7.
      Hero raises to $0.40, 4 folds, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.95) A, 4, 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($0.95) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, CO calls $0.70.

River: ($2.35) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.80, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.35.

should i have contibet with 2 overcards? or to represent the A? the check behind on the flop represents weakness so i fired thinking i had the best hand and had to protect.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Goes like this in my head: my 77 has no value on that flop (nothing will really call us that we beat with an A out there, ever) so I'll either be giving up or turning it into a bluff.

If villain is tight/straightforward he'll fold to our c-bet with most of his range so I'll do just that, in fact I'll do just that by default. Only exceptions would be people I believe are likely to peel the flop with a lot of crap and be pains in the ass on the turn when I'm forced to check/guess against them out of position, resulting in my usually just being forced to give up on the pot after losing more money.

There still isn't any value in betting the turn so don't, and on the river easy fold as well unless you believe he'd bet Ax on the flop, in which case either he peeled the turn with a draw that now busted, or he binked 98, enabling you to bluff-catch against a seemingly polarized range.

Hope it helps.