Rush Poker tourneys.

• Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      So Rush week is comming up, and as an mtt player I'm considering playing the tourneys to get the bonus. But I need some advice on playing these, I have just finished 2 of them (they are kind of hard to multi table) and final tabled one. But from 30 players down to the final table especially from 18 and down I felt like I didn't have an edge, people was really aggresive playing back at you and the stack sizes was really akward for 3bet shoving, and later open raising without being commited, and shoving was out of the question as well with 16-22 bb.

So basically I'm looking for advice on playing these, and I would like to hear your thoughts about them being profitable?

-Lindberg789
  • 13 replies
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Seriously? No one have had any experience with these?
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      The fact that noone here is answering should make you somehow happy since now you know there's almost noone playing them!!! --> super fishy.

From what i read they are fishier than they're 180man turbo cousins for example. The cure for middle stage agression (if you're sure it's exagerated) is to steal a little tighter and to re-steal a little looser i guess.

Also, it should help a lot to let PT3/HEM working during the game but with no HUD, and start it at the final table (i have no clue if it works for rush mtts). If it does, then don't be a hero until you see who you're up against.

My biggest concern is what possible ROI could you achieve in rush mtts?
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      They are definently fishy, had a guy calling my shove with 53o for 13bb. (:
      But they are actually kind of hard to multi table, due to the fact you are clicking next hand so often.
      I don't think Hud is working for the rush period? But actually don't know since I don't normally use one.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      i've played a few but it really annoys me that I cant get HEM working on them. is it just me or is it impossible?

I noticed the same thing about aggressiveness. just play ICM and you'll still carve up i'd say
    • drawback
      drawback
      Silver
      yup, hem isn't working until the final table has been reached.
    • LetchLord
      LetchLord
      Bronze
      Originally posted by drawback
      I actually believe that this is up to the computer's speed... HEM wasn't working on my old PC for rush tournaments, but it's now just fine when I bought a new powerful computer.

As for the tournaments - the lower buy-ins are pretty fishy, a lot of people go out pretty quickly. You just need some good circumstances to stack up early and you can run through the field afterward with aggression. Some people get really passive in the late stages and you can take advantage of that...
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I haven't tried it for a rush MTT but PT3 works fine for ordinary rush poker.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LetchLord
      Originally posted by drawback
      I actually believe that this is up to the computer's speed... HEM wasn't working on my old PC for rush tournaments, but it's now just fine when I bought a new powerful computer.

As for the tournaments - the lower buy-ins are pretty fishy, a lot of people go out pretty quickly. You just need some good circumstances to stack up early and you can run through the field afterward with aggression. Some people get really passive in the late stages and you can take advantage of that...
      you didn't just download a later version? if yes i'll try it. my comp is slow as though but i can get rush stats 4 table cash
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      What do you say, 50% roi 4tabling rush mtts doable?
    • z4tz
      z4tz
      Bronze
      Im 3-4 tabling the 4$ and 10$ 135man with a roi of 150-200 so far,a little bit of a heater, but still extremely fishy!
      I must agree that people accually are quite agressive in the later stages and im currently working on just that part of the tournament but i found that you can still steal blinds from late position quite well and people call shoves way to tight in general, then you have those maniacs calling you with 64 or something, just make a note and move on and abuse next time with value-shoves against them :)
    • LetchLord
      LetchLord
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      you didn't just download a later version? if yes i'll try it. my comp is slow as though but i can get rush stats 4 table cash
      I am using the same version I used with my older computer... The HUD didn't work at the old computer (even though it's not really that old - 1 GB RAM and cpu Intel Core Duo 1,8 GHz).... I then bought a new PC - Intel i5 processor, along with 4 GB of RAM and I am using the same HEM version and the HUD now updates just fine in Rush cash games and tournaments.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Problem is they are still MTT's and if you play only 4tables downswing/breakeven periods should be just a little short of forever.
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      I was playing them for a month or so, played about 300 of them with around 90% ROI if i remember correctly. They were pretty fishy back then, don't know how they go now.

Just remember how i lost 3 11$ HU's once in a row on 80/20 preflop all ins :D

But yeah, they were really profitable, especially in those first few weeks :D