This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 sh top 2pair on flop

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $9.15
      BB: $1.80
      UTG: $18.45
      Hero (MP): $10.00
      CO: $18.40
      BTN: $3.85

Reads: This guy was a shortstack so I cant really see me doing it any other way than I did here. However, what if he wouldve been a deepstack with at least 80bb effective? Still raising his donkbet on the flop right? But perhaps a bit smaller than potsize? Maybe only around $2.50 - $2.80?
      And if he then 3bets, fold or go all the way? If he calls I would fire the turn as well, at least if its a blank. Should I fire the turn even if its a spade making the flush? Im really unsure about this so feedback mucho appreciated.

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7 8 (6 Players)
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.35, CO calls $0.35, BTN folds, SB calls $0.30, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.40) 4 7 8 (4 Players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.60, Hero raises to $3.20, 2 folds, BB calls all-in for $0.85
      Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to Hero

Turn: ($4.30) 4 7 8 T (2 Players - 1 All-In)

River: ($4.30) 4 7 8 T 3 (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $4.30 ($0.40 Rake)

And there we have it, the most interesting hands from my eveningsession :O
  • 2 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi snowylee!

Pretty standard play against a short stack. Nice hand!
      If you play against a big stack you should bet potsize as well because you have to protect your hand against straight- and flushdraws. If he 3bets you can go all the way. Too often you will see a flushdraw and/or straightdraw and/or overcards. If he calls you and the turn is a blank: bet big again. If it is a spade I would play bet/fold to see if he really has the flush. Hope this helps.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yes, thank you very much :) . Its always nice to hear other more experienced people say out loud what you thought would be the right play :)