Where to start with a poker career?

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

I've just passed the quiz and it seems, I can have the starting capital only in 4 rooms: FullTilt, Party, Everest and 888.

FullTilt is not an option, because I've already played there at play money tables.

I'd like to ask you, more experienced players that from the remaining 3 rooms, which is the best place to start.......which is the most profitable on micro-stakes for a beginner (NL BSS), where can I find the most bad players etc.

Every input would be appreciated...

Best wishes!
  • 16 replies
    • Tominho89
      Tominho89
      Bronze
      Everest is good for clearing the additional bonus (100$ if I remember right), tho you will hate that place after a month or so played. Party is a good choice imo.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

I believe that it's quite hard to clear the starting capital on PartyPoker by playing NL BSS. It is quite easy by playing SNGs, but the rake is very high so you're unlikely to have high profits. 888 is very fishy and very easy to have profit at, I'm not sure about the difficulty of clearing the starting capital. I have not played at everest yet so I unfortunately cannot give you any advice on that.

Best regards,

Primzi.
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      to be honest and short, dont go to partypoker, check out everest and 888 for clearing bonus, dont just create an account before knowing exact details, hard to say as multitabling sucks on everest and 888, full tilt would be the best..ask if you can delete ur old account and make a new one..
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      On FT it is impossible to delete old account and create new one. You can deactivate your old but it it impossible to create second one.

You can try on 888 but there is just few FR tables. But i must say i succeeded with clearing bonus on 888.com but you have to be very very patient with your SSS selection if you tend to play SSS. When i was on 888 there were some tables where i was able to play SSS but of course there were not many as on the other sites. Then i started to play BSS when i had enough funds on my bankroll according to BRM. If you socced to do that you will clear your bonus quite easily (if you dont have girlfriend and if you dont live with her. If you do you are not going to clear it for sure).
    • dehingoli
      dehingoli
      Bronze
      If you socced to do that you will clear your bonus quite easily (if you dont have girlfriend and if you dont live with her. If you do you are not going to clear it for sure). HAHAHA. ROFL

I agree to that mate. ;D
    • danjef
      danjef
      Bronze
      I went with 888 poker with my starting capital earnt from here, what i can say is the people there seem very easy from what i played so far i was in the money i think 80% of the time (not many games played) but i personally am not very keen on the layout hense the reason i havnt played much on here which is a shame considering i think i could make much profit here maybe, i guessill have to try and get used to it.
      But yes if you dont care about layout and such 888 would seem like a great place to play SNG's with low level players and low stakes.
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      Out of the 3 you have to choose from I would suggest Everest as the standard of play is very bad on lower limit and easy to clear bonus but the soft ware sucks. You will have to get used to the bad beats as will as they will push any 2 suited cards.

Hope this helps
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      [quote][i]
      But yes if you dont care about layout and such 888 would seem like a great place to play SNG's with low level players and low stakes.[/quote]This is just not correct. It is impossible to play SNGs on 888.com since there is just one open table at a time and you have to wait for 10 minutest until table is fulfilled. SNGs on 888 are just not popular.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Don't go to 888. I've played there to purchase a PokerTracker license (this program wil be your best friend in the upcoming months.. or the Elephant).

It looks crappy, it moves crappy, the traffic is crappy, it has no "style". It looks like it's designed in '95. But i made the points i needed pretty quick playing FL SH.

I don't know about clearing initial bonuses, but i really enjoyed my stay in the iPoker network at the beggining. There should be an iPoker skin to choose from (Mansion, Titan, Betfred, Bet365).

I played at Mansion for example and they had all sort of loyality bonuses (for the fact i played 3 months they gave me like 15k points or so), great shop, etc.

I started having problems when i moved up to 20$ sng's (traffic is low) but until there everything's just peachy.
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello guys,

thank you for the responses.

At the moment, I'm leaning towards Everest, because from what I've read, the traffic is better than on 888. If clearing the bonus while playing cash games is hard on Party, I'll rather have the 50$ elsewhere. I like cash games more than S&Gs and those 50$ are important for me because I want to build my bankroll with 0 investment. So for me, the only other option is to play freerolls.

Best wishes!
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Best of luck with that and if you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask :)
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

I installed Everest on thursday, than I was told I have to send a pic of my ID....no problem, I'm waiting for the results of the ID check. I have a question though. I've just read in a sticky that I have to use the bonus code PS150. I set up the account according to the step by step instructions given on the home screen of this site and I don't think there was a step of writing a bonus code somewhere (this of course doesn't meen it wasn't there....maybe I accidentally skipped that step...I was a bit tired). Did I make a mistake while setting up the account or the code is not necessary in this case?

Thanks...
      Best wishes!
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hi there,

I'm not sure whether you missed a part or whether our download guide is outdated. I'll check with my colleagues, but please bear in mind that I will likely only get an answer after the weekend.

Hadi
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello and thanks.

I've just found the same guide that was shown on my home screen while I was doing the installation/registration- http://www.pokerstrategy.com/quiz/platform/9 ...........so according to this, I didn't missed any part. The question remains, if that guide is up to date. I'll be waiting for you replay next week.

Thanks again.
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

I´ve just recieved the starting capital (many thanks Pokerstrategy =) ), so the bonus code is not necessary in the case of Everest. Thanks for the help.

Best wishes!
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Congrats and best of luck buddy :)