$52.25
      CO:
      $114.50
      BU (Hero):
      $99.90
      SB:
      $50.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, J.
      MP2 raises to $1.00, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.00, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.75) 6, 2, Q (2 players)
      MP2 bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00.

Turn: ($6.75) J (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $5.00, MP2 raises to $12.00, Hero raises to $96.90, MP2 calls $48.05(All-In).

Yo!

Villain:
      580 hands:
      - 47/29
      - AGR 1.6

I think, I should raise him on the Flop already and then probably fold if he resists. Right?

Thanks!
  • 2 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I think that i would 3 bet here preflop. We have nice hand to play postflop with position. He bet here with lot of hands worse than your is.

Now you decided to call preflop. Whats next? u dont know whjere u stand at all. He might just made standar cbet with missed board or he has monster. As played turn seems good to you. It is not likly that he his flush is completed with third diamond. Mayvbe he hold aces, maybe kings maybe he even complited his set or has onla AQ or maybe even AJ. Maybe maybe mmaybe...this is why it would be better to 3bet preflop.

At the end as turn is played i think that there is no much mistake. Maybe even just call him down to any river bet would be good option as well.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm fine with calling preflop, tho it's certainly possible to 3-bet that for value against very loose fish opening lots of pots. Just make sure his natural reaction will be to call your 3-bet and not go all pot 4-bet happy on you, otherwise you'll lose the opportunity to play a great hand in position against him because you can't call a 4-bet.

Flop is fine, if you raise without good reads you'll have no clue what to do when he 3-bets the flop or he calls and you're suddenly playing TPGK for stacks. Don't get me wrong it might be the right play if he's liable to bet/call the flop with any pair and call you down with that, but most of the time it's too thin and people end up panicking when they have to play the turn.

On the turn I'd call with those odds in case he's randomly spazzing with a big diamond sometimes, but he doesn't seem to be that aggressive postflop so far and it's quite possible for him to go all check/raisy with flushes. When you jam that turn you're repping the flush yourself and it's for so much money that villain might even decide to hero fold some overpair without a diamond or something.

Hope it helps.