[NL20-NL50] NL 50, KK, 4betted pre-flop, F - Axx, give up?

• Anger86
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, K.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, CO folds, BU raises to $4.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $12.00, BU calls $7.50.

Flop: ($24.75) A, 7, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $15.00, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $24.75.

80 hands:
      - 29/23
      AGR - 1.1
      3bet - 13.0

Cbet flop/give up or this is also okay?

Thank you!
  • 2 replies
    • Alan883
      No way to check here. u cannot just fold to any overcard on the flop.

I dont like the way you gave up. It is not the flop u want but u have to cbet here i think. Difficult one.

I would bet 12,5 and fold to any action.

Without reads i would do somethink like that.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I just don't think it's pretty unlikely for villain to call the 4bet with AK. AQ is possible maybe, maybe some suited Ax hands as well if he's feeling frisky. So overall I don't like giving up on that board either and it's only a question of whether you can bet that flop for value or not, in which case we can check/call and hope he's bluffing at it once we announce we don't have an A by not c-betting.

Main question is whether villain is good enough to expect you to c-bet everything on that A-high board or not. For what it's worth I think he might be. If he is he'll be able to peel the flop c-bet with worse pairs or even floats because it doesn't believe you, in which case we can make our line as bluffy as possible by going like c-bet flop check/jam turn bet river. If he's not able to think like that we're better off not c-betting and starting to bet from the turn onward when he checks back the flop.

Hope it helps.