[NL20-NL50] NL 50 SH, AKo, BU 3bet/fold to UTG 4bet

• Anger86
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, K.
      MP2 raises to $1.75, 2 folds, Hero raises to $6.00, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $14.05, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.75.

Villain was pretty tight, so I think my best action here would probably be - call and see the flop.
      His stats:
      1.3k hands
      AF: 2.7
      4Bet: 5 %

Didn't know what to do, I timed out actually.

• 2 replies
    • Alan883
      A bit small to say his 4bet range is really 5.

Also your image here is important. If you 3 bet a lot of hands and u were active lately u have an easy shove here.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Nah, don't call with AK. If you hit a pair you might still get stacked by KK+, if you hit nothing you're just giving away money.

Like Alan883 said, if it's possible villain is fed up with your 3-betting for some reason just jam it in, otherwise that player looks tight enough that you might want to simply fold against a 4bet from his UTG range.

Be careful with the 4-bet stat. Usually it's a flatout % of how often villain 4-bets given that he got 3-bet in the first place, not a range, and it doesn't take position into account. So if he's only open raising something like AJs+/22+ from UTG and he's 4-betting 5% overall, he could very well have a range of KK+ for 4-betting you, while he could be opening something like 25% of hands on the button and going broke with AQ+/TT+ against a BB 3bet.

Hope it helps.