Ongame Network $30.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 791522
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $31.41
      BB: $9.52
      UTG: $5.55
      Hero (CO): $31.13
      BTN: $30.00

Pre Flop: ($0.45) Hero is CO with J :diamond: J :club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1.20, BTN raises to $3.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $7, BTN calls $3.70

Flop: ($14.45) A :club: Q :spade: A :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $8.00, BTN calls $8

Turn: ($30.45) K :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($30.45) 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $15.00, Hero folds

villian was unknown (first hand) cutoff vs button He min3-bet me.I didn't want to cc OOP so I decided to 4-bet cause my hand is quite strong. Suprisingly He flat call IP. Would you cbet that flop?? I thought that cause of 2 Aces there it is less likely that he has one... Any other option/lines that would be good? Should I just flat call pre OOP?
  • 2 replies
    • Alan883
      Of course he must call that he has odds for that. With 4 bet like your is you dont get enaugh information how to act postflop. His call really doesnt mean anything because i think he must call your 4 bet with every hand he raised with.

One option here it to call his min bet or 4bet and get ready for shove.

I think you have to act always the same in spots like that. If you 4bet ,4 bet like it is supposed to be. Because people will make notes of you about what are you doing with middle pairs. Deception here is quite important.

And i must say that if player just join the table and he act like that i really like to shove that because many many times there are players who just want to spend their money as quickly as possible.

So i think i am going broke here preflop.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'd 4-bet to $8 to begin with and call a shove, if it's the first 3bet BUvsCO when he just came to the table it's so likely he's full of shit that we have a license to go broke there with JJ.

As played on the flop there really aren't any worse hands he could call you with on that board since it's dead scary for low pocket pairs and you don't beat anything else. I'd just check it him and expect that it looks odd enough for us not to c-bet there that he won't just start barreling at us with anything.

As played the turn is fine there is even less value to be had, and on the river it looks pretty impossible for us to be good, he could have stuff as strong as Ax or QQ there that just check back the turn in case you had AK/KK. For us to be good he has to have peeled the flop absolutely nothing or be turning a suspicious low pocket pair into a bluff, it's just not happening.

Hope it helps.