Only one table opened?

• KidPokerPoga
      KidPokerPoga
      Bronze
      Hi guys. I have a question: if I`m a tournament player(I mean I am good at MTT and SnG and not at cash games), is is good if I play at only one table at a time? I mean, I think that playing at multi-tables makes you weaker on your game, and it is better only at cash games..Because, I thing that is not good to play multi-table in tournaments, because you can`t concentrate enough and to get the better place that you can. My question is: if I am a player that plays at only one table at a time, and only SnG (and sometimes MTT too, when I have time) can I make profit in time? I mean I think that it is better to play at only one table at a time and concentrate on the tournament you play in and maybe take 1-3 place, than concentrate on 3-4 tables and take maybe 7-10 place on that tournaments, because you play too many in the same time. But I also want to see your opinion.
  • 8 replies
    • KidPokerPoga
      KidPokerPoga
      Bronze
      and other thing...I think that playing at 4+ tables at the same time is not playing real poker, because in that situation you play like a machine...just make decisions without thinking very much. That`s why I like playing at only 1 table at a time, when you can concentrate 100% on that table(tournament in case) and study the other players, how they act, what are theyr weekness, etc. But I want to know for you guys: can you be a 1table at a time player on SnG`s and MTT and still make some good cash/month, or the only solution to make good money is to play like a machine with 4-6 or maybe 12 tables at the same time, and dont even know very well what you are playing, but still geting money?
    • jhustincase
      jhustincase
      Bronze
      imo if u can t concentrate at 4 tables ure a bit weak...i mean variance will play with you and u ll have such bad days...imo u can t make moneys one tabling in long run...at least 4 to compensate with variance gl
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi KidPokerPoga,

yes, you are totally right that your winrate is much higher if you play just one table. However most of the people want to have the highest winrate per hour.

One short example:
      1 table: $10 per table per hour
      4 table: $5 per table per hour

So in my example with one table you earn $10 per hour. In the second one you just have half winrate, but by playing 4 times so many tables you can increase your winrate to $20.

We are also having one articel about the idea of multitabling: The perfect introduction to multi-tabling

Hannes
    • KidPokerPoga
      KidPokerPoga
      Bronze
      But you didn`t get my point: I was asking about playing at multitables in TOURNAMENTS and SnG`s, not at cash game tables. So if I play ONLY tournaments and Sit and go`s, isn`t it better to play only one at a time? Because in a tournament, when there are only few players left and the blinds are big, you realy need to be 100% focused on the table and you need to know very well the other players, if you want to take a good place. So my question is: if I play just one at a time, tournament or sit and go, can I still have a decent profit overall at the end of the month?:)
    • Ertzi
      Ertzi
      Bronze
      Yes, ofcourse in everyway playing only 1 table at time is the most best thing to do. But if you play for example 4 tournaments at once you won't get bored. Atleast i get bored if i just play 1 tournament at a time. Cuz you need to remember that it might take more than hour if your unlucky to get playable hand.

Thats why playing multible tournaments makes it more fun and you keep your focus on the poker rather than scratching your balls in boredom :)
    • FaulV16ke
      FaulV16ke
      Bronze
      For most of the players is multitabling more profitable than just playing at one table. It is important to concentrate during the MTTs or SNGs but adding 2 or three tables will usually not affect your result in the tournament that much, however it increases your winrate by hour of playing and your rakeback.
      So I can suggest one-tabling just for beginners.

I think that playing at 4+ tables at the same time is not playing real poker

Well, it´s called online poker. :)
      There are players who make their biggest profit by playing 30+ tables. Tell them it is not a real poker. :)
    • Mopenza
      Mopenza
      Bronze
      u cant make real profit playing 1 table that's for sure + to grow up your bankroll and move up to limits would make to much time, and rly I think u are just a new to online game when I started I was the same how can they play so much tables in one time! but then time went and I move up from 1-4 then to 8 to 12, now am am oky playing 24 in time!

Hope it helps!
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mopenza
      u cant make real profit playing 1 table that's for sure + to grow up your bankroll and move up to limits would make to much time, and rly I think u are just a new to online game when I started I was the same how can they play so much tables in one time! but then time went and I move up from 1-4 then to 8 to 12, now am am oky playing 24 in time!

Hope it helps!
      I disagree. 1-tabling can be good:

Of course it's a small small samplesize and a heater but by playing more than 1 table this would not have been achievable. Having reads on every single player on the table and mindfucking them greatly increases the winrate :) . That is providing you focus on the game and not surf the net ;) .