Partypoker 25NL questions

• Werdna
      Werdna
      Bronze
      Hiya, I recentyl received the rest of my bonus money from pokersrstrategy (thanks btw :) ) and after playing at Partypoker for a few months, I'm now able to go up to 25NL level.

The problem is that I still want to concentrate on the SSS but at 25NL there don't seem to be that many full ring tables...

So my question would be (regardless of time required for learning) which would be more profitable, play fewer tables at 25NL with the SSS strategy or try the BSS?

Regards,
  • 4 replies
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      A good BSS-player will always make more profit than a good SSS player. The problem is that there are many more decisions which can be wrong too with the BSS.

Because of this fact you shouldn't start playing BSS unless you understand all of the basic princips completely and are able to use them while playing. If you feel confident that you can handle it, you can always read the strategy articles over a few times, and browse the sample hands/discussion forum for standard play and more interesting situations, and when this is done you can try a few sessions with the BSS and see how you like it.

If you don't feel ready for the BSS yet you should stay with the SSS a little longer and you can always read up on BSS while playing the SSS just to get ready for the switch (of course not while playing it, but after or before you play your session :D )

And one last thing: I don't seem to have problems finding lots of NL25 10-player tables (Usually I just filter the games so only the 10 player-tables are showing).

Best regards,
      Mugge
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Werdna!

Whether it is better for you to play SSS or BSS is absolutely your decision. I recommend that you read the BSS strategy articles carefully and give it a try. Post some of your hands where you were unsure about your play in our sample hands board to get advice from other players and to improve your game. If you think you are not ready for the BSS just switch back to the SSS.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Werdna
      Werdna
      Bronze
      I want to stay with the SSS for now, I guess my question should have been, is the SSS as profitable on higher limits?

I'm thinking on the higher limits the SSS will be more difficult to play as the opponents get better and don't call poor hands as much as on the lower limits.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Of course the SSS is profitable on higher limits. You have to adjust your game a bit and rely more on steals and resteals but even on higher limits you should be successful.
      Article: Steals and resteals

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81