Hlynkinn Pöker Blög (Back like I never left)

• Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Hi all.

My name is Hlynur and I've been a member here for awhile... <----loook at post count. So uhm I used to have a blog here back in 2009... Kinda stopped grinding online for a while there... Got pretty tired of my luck and stuff lol :D ... Didn't feel motivated any more to play.. But I'm back =)

Gonna try to start playing regularly and updating this blog from time to time.. Hopefully I can get some readers :D But since I don't really have any BRM since my Bankroll is big enough to play $33-$55 sng's but I feel like grinding the non turbo full ring $11 sng's for some time now... Might move to the $22's soon... Lets see if we can get some good run :D

So this blog will most likely just be about my ups and downs... I'll end every post with a music video... And well we might get some fun things out of this blog lets see...

Graph looks terrible atm... I'm currently at a $1k downswing due to my shot at cashgames where I ran like shit loosing $500 so quickly... lmao Lets see how fast we'll be able to grind that back playing decent poker in sng's...

Music video of the day is this song "I'm Beamin" by my favorite artist Lupe Fiasco

Enjoy
      And ty for commenting :D
  • 616 replies
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      In before ihufa, donkeykong, zubrils, other trolls!
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      In after Toby. The epic blog of Hlynkinn is back. Prepare for the amazement that is unimaginable to mankind and even aliens.
    • oskrgy
      oskrgy
      Bronze
      Hello! I have just come to the English comunity and I started a blog last week too!
      Like I said I want to improve my English so I will try to read a lot of blogs similar to mine. (I prefer learning with people that play on my levels and I am playing 10 and 20 $ sit and goes too, and SSS SH)
      I have a doubt, how many buyins do you need to play in a level of Sng?
      Sorry for my grammar mistakes..!

Oscar
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Hi again :D

Second update!!!
      Played 2 sets today loosing 1bi... Nothing to talk about really.. Just standard 2 sets...
      Next update will probably be an update wher I post some goals for the month and some long term goals and stuff like that... So stay tuned for that =)

--------------------------

As for now I just wanted to show you guys some pictures of the places I've been playing in lately :D I bet some of your are interested to see how card rooms in Iceland look like... Poker and gambling are illegal here in Iceland but we have like 6-7 card rooms and they are not really underground like they were 1-2 years ago... They are really visible and the cops just seem to leave them alone (although the cops came once while I were playing... and we pretty much all just cashed out and went to the next poker room lol :D )

So I've mainly been playing in two places "Gullöldin" and "Players"

I guess I will just start posting pictures of Gullöldin and then post pictures of Players later so I have something to put in my blog lol :D

And there are better chairs for the poker tables than are on these pictures.. Must be old pictures...

They play mostly 100/200kr there... which is like 0.80/1.60$.. And sometimes there are tables playing 200/400kr (1.60/3.20$) and 200/500kr(1.60/4$).. There are tournament everyday and cash games every night until the day after...
      There are a lot of regulars.. And a lot of random drunk guys playing... There are some really really fishy regulars and yea the games there are easy to beat :D ...and yea the dealers are most of the time kinda sexy.. lol :D
      Currently I'm up more than 400$ there in cash games... I guess I need to start keeping better track of my live winnings :D

----------------------

Originally posted by oskrgy
      Hello! I have just come to the English comunity and I started a blog last week too!
      Like I said I want to improve my English so I will try to read a lot of blogs similar to mine. (I prefer learning with people that play on my levels and I am playing 10 and 20 $ sit and goes too, and SSS SH)
      I have a doubt, how many buyins do you need to play in a level of Sng?
      Sorry for my grammar mistakes..!

Oscar
      Hey Oscar. Good to know I have a new regular reader! I'll most likely also keep an eye on your blog. :)
      The strategy articles say you should use 50bi brm for sng's... Me personally when I was moving up limits I preferred 100bi brm.. I feel like 50bi's are not enough for the variance in sng's.

Originally posted by Primzi
      The epic blog of Hlynkinn is back. Prepare for the amazement that is unimaginable to mankind and even aliens.
      No need to hype up my blog like that =(

-------------
      Music video of the day:
      J. Cole - Who Dat

I love one-take music videos so much!!! And the song is alright... Be on the look out for J. Cole's album late this year...

Enjoy!
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      Hey man, good to see you again! :s_cool:

Good luck!
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Update #3!!!! :D

so yea not much going on... Kinda break even for these last 2 days r so...
      Tonight is going to be a tournament night...

This is my MTT schedule for the night.. hopefully I can get some nice results... Gonna add some $4.40 180 players so I don't get bored :D

--------------
      Hey man, good to see you again! shark cool Good luck!

Hey great to see you too!!
      I also have a soundcloud for some of my music http://www.soundcloud.com/hlynkinn
      Mostly some hip hop and trip hop beats on there take a look :D
      -------------
      Song of the day is My Girls By Animal Collective

Really creative band from Melbourne (I think.. don't feel like google-ing lol ) There album were one of the most critically acclaimed albums in 2009.. And in my opinion this is by far the song on the album... Hopefully someone will like this nice feel good melodic song :D
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      GL :)

Can I see your tourney graph? Maybe I should buy a share :p
    • oskrgy
      oskrgy
      Bronze
      I use 110 buyins too... and if I fell to 90 buyins I go to the previous level.
      GOOD LUCK!!!
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Update #4 !!! I'm starting to think this blog might live for a while =)

So just finished my long tournament run... took me around 11hours I think... lol... and I made $9... That's $81c per hour... I Guess I can now quit my job and become a poker pro!!!! lol... it was really fun tho and I'm pretty satisfied how I was still playing my A game after 10 hours, after all those swings, and after forgetting to eat in few breaks lol...
      I started of running really really really bad and I didn't win a coinflip until I had played for like 9 hours.. so that was kinda sick.. and I actually let poker affect my mood for the first time since I started playing again... I'm pretty sure it didn't affect my game at any point.. but whatever I thought I was starting to be numb to those bad beats and stuff.. Something I need to work on I know it's just variance and I cannot control it so there's no reason for me to get mad at it.

As for the results of the day:

Overall I'm really happy about my play.. And happy about the night... Although I didn't win any cash I got a lot of experience and had some fun...

----------------------------------------------

Originally posted by TobyCS
      GL :)

Can I see your tourney graph? Maybe I should buy a share :p
      Nice to see some players interested in investing there money in me :)
      BUT NO YOU CANNOT SEE MY GRAPH!... lol I really don't have any tourney graph.. But I've got some stats

Stars: Games: 91 ROI: 22% Total Profit: $197
      Full Tilt: Games: 245 ROI: 5% Total Profit: $97

and to make some excuses.. 2 weeks ago I won a tournament ticket to a $230 tourney.. So that kinda ruined my full tilt stats... if I hadn't won that ticket I would be at $300 and something in profits :D But whatever I'm happy about my stats as long as they are positive.

I use 110 buyins too... and if I fell to 90 buyins I go to the previous level.
      GOOD LUCK!!!
      Yea thats a good brm. Good luck to you and to spain tomorrow :) Nice to see you still reading my blog :)

--------------------
      The song of the day is from a Seattle born and raised rapper Grynch.

Normally rappers rap about their 64 impalas (GAME) or Cadillacs when they talk about their cars... Grynch raps about his '86 Volvo...

Grynch is atm one of my favorite rappers.. His style is so original, his beat selection is nice... and he always has some lines to make me think or smile... To me it's really sad and unfair how he gets no mainstream exposure... and no mainstream success.. but I guess the music business just wants you to listen to songs about Bentley's, drugs and hoes...
    • oskrgy
      oskrgy
      Bronze
      Hi Hlinkin! Why are you playing such big buyin tournments only with 89 of bankroll?

SORRY! I REALIZED NOW THAT 89 IS THE COST OF THE BUYINS IN THAT SESSION + YOUR WINNINGS!! GOOD LUCK THEN!
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Hi Hlinkin! Why are you playing such big buyin tournments only with 89 of bankroll?

SORRY! I REALIZED NOW THAT 89 IS THE COST OF THE BUYINS IN THAT SESSION + YOUR WINNINGS!! GOOD LUCK THEN!
      lol yea =) I should have used a better word than "bankroll:" :)

oh and here are some stats for toby

and I don't really feel like posting a big blog right now.. so this is enough for today..

Congrats to Spain for winning th World Cup!!! :s_biggrin:
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze

just lost 300$ on nl50 rush today... damn rush week might actually cost me money.. damn... 2 days done and I've created 2500ftp's (500 to many lol)... 5 more days.. I hope I won't keep on loosing money this is kinda sick... ran so terribly...
      And I keep on loosing all my sng winnings in cash games lmao..
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      ^^^looks like $100ish??
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      ^^^looks like $100ish??
      graph for 2 days... :D first day I won $200ish second day I lost $300

and I'm currently ona more than $1.5k downswing.. I think I should just take the 125$ since it seems like I'll loose even more if I try to go for the $250... so sick =( my bankroll has never taken such a hit
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      You neva had 10BI swings at $33s?

I'd stop being cash orientated in your goals.
      Creates problems.
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Kick ass Hlynkinn! I'll be sure to keep up the read here. Glad to be hearing new tunes again!

Try those shoot Outs with your SnG skills you will make good $.

FTW!
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      You neva had 10BI swings at $33s?

I'd stop being cash orientated in your goals.
      Creates problems.
      I wish my swing was only 10bi at $33

my downswing atm is 1.700$ WHICH IS SO MUCH TO ME :( almost 51 bi at $33... And currently I'm grinding $11 sng's so lol :D
      Most of the losses are in Cash games tho :( and around $600ish due to that stupid RUSH WEEK promotion on full tilt... Where I'll get $250 if I play 1k ftp points on rush poker tables... and 210$ in rakeback also.. So In the end of the week I'll get 460$ which still leaves me in the red... And I might even take another huge loss on the rush tables although I doubt it in the next 3 days... I just found a pretty solid strategy to get the 1k points and leave with my bankroll hopefully as healthy as I began the session :D

Originally posted by Cardbender

Kick ass Hlynkinn! I'll be sure to keep up the read here. Glad to be hearing new tunes again!

Try those shoot Outs with your SnG skills you will make good $.

FTW!
      Hey Hey Hey Glad to see you posting here :D and yea I'll make some good $$$ somehow :D Just need to step up out of this stupid loosing streak :D

----------------

But Hey 1.700$ ain't that much??? I'll get $460 in the end of this week... and I'll just grind the rest back.. probably gonna take 2 months or whatever.. But shit happens and this will just make me a better player and remind me why I study SnG's and not cash games :D

----------------

Song of the day is by the future of hip hop (Hopefully :) )

In my opinion his mixtape in 2009 was some of the best music that came out that year... And he is releasing some new music soon and hopefully that will sound as fresh...
    • oskrgy
      oskrgy
      Bronze
      Hi Hlynkinn!
      Why dont you try to play the 15+1 turbo of pokerstars instead of the 10+1?? in long term you win A LOT OF MORE MONEY!!!!!!!! and It seem you have enough bankroll to try with these ones!!
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Hey there :D ! hows it going xD ?

GLGL!