This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Hlynkinn Pöker Blög (Back like I never left)

• Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      August (my favorite month of the year for various reasons)

So this month was really interesting.. I began on the 22's.. Beating them and soon having bankroll for the 33's... And I managed to beat them throughout the month with a great roi of 15%... I managed to put in a volume I'm happy about during this month.. And I worked a lot on my game.
      I was really active in the hand analyzing part of this site and I'm learning a thing or two there.. I posted around 15 hands in the $24+ and got some good advice from Unam.. Although I was doing the right action in most...
      I found time to read the poker mindset. A really good read and I honestly wish I had read that book before the first poker hand I ever played.. So many things in that book that I had to learn the hard way..

Graph looks really sexy and I'm going to try as I can to make my graphs keep on looking this sexy :)
      I understand that the sample size is small.. but I'm also an ego maniac and I know I'm good enough to crush this limit.

This is the rake I've paid since I started to play at full tilt... And you can pretty much see that August was a record month for me :) This screenshot is actually few days old and It's ~$900 now.. So around $235 in rakeback in this month... And this is of course only from sng's. I also played some ring games.. Mainly PLO10-25 6 handed and NL50 HU with probably some profit... and ofcourse also creating more rakeback..

So august went great for me... both in life and poker..

Now it's just getting into september and try to play even better poker..

Goals for september:
      :club: at least 300 sng's

:club: at least make some iron man status ( pretty automatic )

:club: Hopefully start playing $55's at peak hours during weekends to see how it goes

:club: Be as active as before in the sample hands forum

:club: Do good at school, have fun drinking and creating some awesome memories and take regular breaks from poker just to chill with friends.

:club: Keep an eye on the blogs that I'm following.
      ATM these are mainly:
      The return of 8979687 From .25c to $1000 so far!!
      <3 SnG blog : August results inside!
      and I'm going to start reading these regularly:
      Ace On The River SnG Blog - On the $2.25s and moving up up up!
      My Sng Blog

I guess this is enough for now..

ps. September is not starting nice... Just had a connection problem while playing a really successful set of 8 $33's stt's.. Managed somehow to cash 3 of them while being disconnected..
      So the loss is not terrible around $150 r something... but my stacks were worth much more than the buy ins and I had a decent edge in all of the games so this makes me feel kinda sad.. Especially since 150$ is like 10% of what I'm hoping to profit each month.. Just gone because my internet provider had a problem with it's electricity provider...
      Bronze
      Hey thanks for the mention.

I have followed this blog since day 1 and I am very glad to see it back.

So many blogs have fallen off the map. Waiboy and NickParkes and Luborc and many others.

Nice graph btw.

Good luck in September.
    • Schris7
      Schris7
      Bronze
      just found your blog i hope i wont find you in any of my tables :D ( according to hem i havent played vs u yet ) . how many bis do u use for each limit and whats your gaming format ? ( how many tables and if u re playing on sets etc..)

gl at 60$ ~
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Just had a connection problem while playing a really successful set of 8 $33's stt's.. Managed somehow to cash 3 of them while being disconnected.. So the loss is not terrible around $150 r something...

Actually I contacted Full Tilt support and they said that they would credit me T$ for the amount lost due the disconnection.. I was advised to contact them because they seem to do this thing for players from time to time that pay enough rake =) So I was shipped $165 tournament tickets.. And feeling really happy about Full Tilt support because they didn't have to do this and I know the disconnection was my fault =) They actually offered to help contacting my internet provider to see what the problem was.. Stars support what??? FTP support seems to be the nuts now :)
      We've reviewed your tournaments and found you experienced connection issues while playing. As a courtesy, we've credited your account with the buy-ins for tournaments 182031572, 182030421, 182027711, 182030408 & 182030027 in Tournament Dollars (T$), for a total of T$165.00. However, you placed in the money for tournaments 182030438 & 182026465. As the cash you won is greater than the buy-ins, we are unable to offer you credits for these tournaments.

--------------------------------------

just found your blog i hope i wont find you in any of my tables ( according to hem i havent played vs u yet ) . how many bis do u use for each limit and whats your gaming format ? ( how many tables and if u re playing on sets etc..) gl at 60$ ~

You play the turbos right?? that should explain it.. I only play non turbos so We'll probably not be playing each other much :) I mostly play sets... Mostly because I think it's more fun and because I rarely have more than 2 hours to play.. I have like blocks of 2hours per day to play and I normally choose to play in one of those... So I'm often only playing 8 tourneys a day...
      Usually when I have like 4+ hours to play and I feel pretty good I play a session. where I open up 8 tables.. and then keep 6 tables open for the next 4+ hours...
      You get more volume playing sessions for obvious reasons.. But I seem to do better when I play in sets and I simply have more fun.. Looking at the hands after the session and so on..

-----------

Played some sng's today.. $130 down.. Pretty horrible run.. So many key 80/20's lost.. Was pretty sick.. Played decently tho and I got a nice read I've been waiting for for a while on one of the feared regulars lol... exploiting time!!!!

Key hand:
      No Limit Holdem Tournament
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com
      $30 + $3 Sit & Go

Stacks:
      UTG Sandra22 (1,485)
      CO killerkx327 (1,555)
      BTN sabotage99 (1,900)
      SB PopALots K2 (3,945)
      BB Hero (4,615)

Blinds: 60/120

Pre-Flop: (180, 5 players) Hero is BB A:diamond: 10:club:
      1 fold, killerkx327 calls 120, 1 fold, PopALots K2 calls 60, Hero raises to 450, killerkx327 calls 330, PopALots K2 calls 330

Flop: J:club: 3:heart: 8:club: (1,350, 3 players)
      PopALots K2 checks, Hero checks, killerkx327 checks

Turn: 8:heart: (1,350, 3 players)
      PopALots K2 checks, Hero bets 550, killerkx327 goes all-in 1,105, PopALots K2 folds, Hero calls 555

River: 10:diamond: (3,560, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: 3,560
      killerkx327 shows a pair of Eights
      4:spade: 5:spade:
      Hero shows two pair, Tens and Eights
      A:diamond: 10:club:

Hero wins 3,560 (net +2,005)

killerkx327 lost 1,555
      PopALots K2 lost 450

At this point my read on Killerkx327 is that he's a 1 table-er he has done some open limp/folding, and his lines have looked pretty off so far lol So he's a fish.. PopALots is a 2 table-er.. He plays kinda tight..

I felt like it was just some dead money so I decide to raise my ATo.. Kinda aggressive move but I feel like getting called by the fish won't be too bad(actually I like my ATo for a isolation range since I have fishes limp range pretty crushed).. and if PopALots gets interested in the pot I can put him on a pretty polarized range which I shouldn't loose too much against..

Both players call.. and I'm a bit surprised.. I'll have to play it cautiously against PopALots but If I flop comes A or T high I can go broke happily against Killer..

Flop is no good for me so I decide giving it up check/folding..
      Fish checks behind flop.. So I'm doubting he has paired with this board..

Turn comes a card that looks good for me... I'm now worried if PopAlots line was to check/raise.. but he checks now.. So he's really weak.. I decide to put out a smallish bet to see If I shouldn't be able to take the pot down here...

Our Fish decides to push... I'm honestly thinking all his range is some sort of a flush draw.. or in worst case smallish pocket pair.. So I do a nice pot odds call..
      HERO CALL FTW

Some more pretty sick hands the last few days:

6 Players
      $30 + $3 Madness

Stacks:
      UTG sfvt73 (2,050)
      UTG+1 tommy2727 (3,895)
      CO mikh1969 (1,655)
      BTN chester347 (3,040)
      SB Hero (1,565)
      BB mitlee38 (1,295)

Blinds: 30/60

Pre-Flop: (90, 6 players) Hero is SB 10:diamond: 10:club:
      2 folds, mikh1969 calls 60, 1 fold, Hero raises to 240, mitlee38 calls 180, mikh1969 calls 180

Flop: J:spade: 8:heart: 3:club: (720, 3 players)
      Hero checks, mitlee38 bets 660, mikh1969 folds, Hero raises to 1,320, mitlee38 goes all-in 395

Turn: K:spade: (3,095, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: K:heart: (3,095, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: 3,095
      Hero shows two pair, Kings and Tens
      10:diamond: 10:club:
      mitlee38 shows two pair, Kings and Fives
      5:club: 5:heart:

Hero wins 3,095 (net +1,535)

mitlee38 lost 1,295
      mikh1969 lost 240

-------------------------------

7 Players
      $30 + $3 Sit & Go

Stacks:
      UTG Herbhaze (1,470)
      UTG+1 Van Breukelen (1,815)
      MP Hero (1,485)
      CO Iia007 (1,455)
      BTN stormes7 (1,650)
      SB mrtgreen (1,470)
      BB Emile Goud (4,155)

Blinds: 15/30

Pre-Flop: (45, 7 players) Hero is MP Q:diamond: Q:heart:
      Herbhaze calls 30, 1 fold, Hero raises to 120, 1 fold, stormes7 calls 120, 2 folds, Herbhaze folds

Flop: 7:spade: 9:club: 4:club: (315, 2 players)
      Hero bets 200, stormes7 calls 200

Turn: K:spade: (715, 2 players)
      Hero checks, stormes7 bets 150, Hero calls 150

River: 10:diamond: (1,015, 2 players)
      Hero checks, stormes7 bets 615, Hero calls 615

Final Pot: 2,245
      Hero shows a pair of Queens
      Q:diamond: Q:heart:
      stormes7 shows
      8:spade: A:spade:

Hero wins 2,245 (net +1,160)

stormes7 lost 1,085
      Herbhaze lost 30

Missed draws hellooooo

--------------------------

9 Players
      $30 + $3 Sit & Go

Stacks:
      UTG Green1One (1,320)
      UTG+1 Iia007 (1,375)
      MP1 rdr966 (1,500)
      MP2 manatutor (1,670)
      MP3 imdiajim (1,680)
      CO Tea-MilkNoSugar (1,500)
      BTN LiL Dumbo 92 (1,455)
      SB clouded path (1,545)
      BB Hero (1,455)

Blinds: 15/30

Pre-Flop: (45, 9 players) Hero is BB 3:diamond: 5:heart:
      4 folds, imdiajim calls 30, 3 folds, Hero checks

Flop: 10:club: A:diamond: 4:diamond: (75, 2 players)
      Hero checks, imdiajim checks

Turn: 2:club: (75, 2 players)
      Hero bets 75, imdiajim calls 75

River: 10:spade: (225, 2 players)
      Hero bets 150, imdiajim raises to 345, Hero calls 195

Final Pot: 915
      Hero shows
      3:diamond: 5:heart:
      imdiajim shows a full house, Aces full of Tens
      A:spade: A:heart:

imdiajim wins 915 (net +465)

Hero lost 450

I actually posted this hand in the sample hands forum thinking I might've played it a bit passive-ly on the river.. But damn that turn card is a setup lol.

---------------

$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      2 Players

Stacks:
      SB Ready2win52 ($50)
      BB Hero ($50)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 2 players) Hero is BB Q:club: Q:heart:
      Ready2win52 raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $6, Ready2win52 goes all-in $50, Hero goes all-in $44

Flop: 4:diamond: 3:heart: 9:spade: ($100, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: 6:club: ($100, 2 players, 2 all-in)

River: 5:heart: ($100, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: $100
      Ready2win52 shows a pair of Nines
      A:spade: 9:club:
      Hero shows a pair of Queens
      Q:club: Q:heart:

Hero wins $99.50 (net +$49.50)

Ready2win52 lost $50

Just sat down at a nl50 hu table.. And this was the first hand... 3bet size is off because I wanted him to think I had no clue what I'm doing.. Guess it worked :D
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Running terrible..
      Not winning 80/20's at crucial times..
      Don't remember how to win coinflips
      Don't remember how to get walks
      Don't remember how to get KK and not shoving it into AA
      Don't remember how to hit a set
      Don't remember how to not get seated with a regular on my left hand
      Don't remember how to not get re-stealed everytime I'm stealing
      Don't remember hitting flops..

Terrible run down ~$500 so far this month...
      It's affecting me a bit but I guess it's nothing to worry about.. It's just the worst run I've had on the 33's so far...

Gonna take a break and play some mtt's tonight
      I qualified for the 50k madness freeroll.. so lets ship that..
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      remember $500 is only 15BIs. completely std variance.

gl grinding out of it
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee
      remember $500 is only 15BIs. completely std variance.

gl grinding out of it
      This!

I wish I could survive such a drop.

$500 is like double my whole roll!

Gl climbing back.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Still loosing some money... Will look at graph and post on friday.. I think I'm around 350$ ish down for the month... So it's not bad.. But I'm running pretty terribly and finding my way out of a tournament way too often in 4th place.. And I 80/20 don't feel like 80/20 lol =)

actually lost a pretty big ~80/20 hand today in a live cash game.. AA vs AKo... Sucks but whatever... I can try to live with variance online.. but in live poker it's just so hard to get enough volume to make the variance a smallish factor...

remember $500 is only 15BIs. completely std variance. gl grinding out of it

Ye of course.. Although downswings do make you have disbelieve in your own talent... I'm feeling pretty confident that I can maintain over 10% roi on this limit if I play at peak hours...

Gl climbing back.

Ty.. but I don't want to consider it "climbing back".. I'm just grinding and trying to make my roi higher.. :D Don't want to be thinking too much about where my bankroll was or where it's going or whatever.. I know if I just get my roi % up nothing else matters :D

And I was really excited moving up to the $55's.. ATM I'm thinking about not going to them until I have at least 500 games at the $33's r something..
      yes I stated it before.. Loosing Streaks do affect the believe in your self :)

But whatever lets just learn how to win 80/20's again and I'll manage to double my bankroll in few minutes... lol
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Today was a good a day.. played one set with 9 tables.. I might consider adding the 9th table for more volume.. But this might be a bit more stressful since 8 tables are really relaxed :s_biggrin:
      I managed to profit round 200$.. Which is good.. And my I was full of confidence in my game...

4 Players
      $30 + $3 Sit & Go

Stacks:
      CO wroom (8,090)
      BTN badMistage (2,495)
      SB 09 Now or never (1,480)
      BB Hero (1,435)

Blinds: 80/160

Pre-Flop: (240, 4 players) Hero is BB K:club: K:diamond:
      wroom raises to 411, 1 fold, 09 Now or never goes all-in 1,480, Hero goes all-in 1,275, wroom calls 1,069

Flop: 5:diamond: 10:club: 9:club: (4,395, 3 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: 7:spade: (4,395, 3 players, 2 all-in)

River: 5:spade: (4,395, 3 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: 4,395
      09 Now or never shows two pair, Queens and Fives
      Q:heart: Q:club:
      Hero shows two pair, Kings and Fives
      K:club: K:diamond:
      wroom shows a pair of Fives
      K:heart: J:heart:

Hero wins 4,305 (net +2,870)

09 Now or never collects 90 (net -1,390)
      wroom lost 1,480

this was pretty much a key hand.. All players are regulars beating the game so my edge is probably around 0... wroom is a mass multitabler which plays pretty robotic even vs such a tough opponents and probably plays us just like unknowns.. The other players are solid.

After the raise I know wroom is not going to fold if either one of the shorstacks shove ever.. So I'm happy thinking I'll double up... SB finds a hand he wants to shove...

KK is just too strong for me to fold here although I know both players have me covered and wroom will have awesome pot odds to call..

And well luckily no one was holding an ACE and equity wise I was doing really well against both players... luckily my kings held and I go on to crush Wroom Heads up and take first place YAYYYY...
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      set ups are just sick ATM.. I don't get KK unless someone has AA...

And every JJ+ Vs Ax I've lost today.. It's so sick..

Been on a loosing streak for 9 days now =/

I feel like I'm crushing this limit but I keep on loosing.. Sounds like I'm a fish riiite :f_confused:

But I guess it's really standard to be ~13 bi down after 100sng's..

Hopefully I stop getting these beats during the weekend..
      Only like $350-$500 down r something... But it's just the time and effort that is really hurting me I think.. I feel like I'm playing $1-2k under ev r something lol..

Edit: Had to take a peak at the graph.. Looks like I'm $508 down for the month so far.. Running at -13% roi in 118 games..
      kinda bad downer... but whatever..
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      today:

We have received your order for the following item:

Item: $22 MiniFTOPS Ticket

Then decided to enter a satellite

You finished the tournament in 1st place.
      You have received an entry into tournament #168451168:

Name: MiniFTOPS Event #5 (1r+1a)
      Buyin: $20.00 + $2.00

Then I entered the tourney

Began badly loosing 70% of my stack AK vs AQ..
      On break I decided to add on.. although the addon was 2.5x my whole stack...
      Felt like it was a $20 well spent since the table was easy and if I would double up I might go deep..
      Wasn't getting any hands until I won AQs vs 88... few hands later KK vs A9o... And from that point everything went kinda smoothly and I built a nice stack...

then this happend:

9 Players
      MiniFTOPS Event #5

Stacks:
      UTG MajesticLegas (34,617)
      UTG+1 SonofLunkin (37,307)
      MP1 R3V3NGE_911c (61,109)
      MP2 marcusborba (20,921)
      MP3 Hero (43,520)
      CO roach85111 (27,220)
      BTN Onlycashfor_me (15,958)
      SB shipower69 (23,934)
      BB milijoe (8,927)

Blinds: 600/1,200 Ante 150

Pre-Flop: (3,150, 9 players) Hero is MP3 A:spade: A:club:
      MajesticLegas calls 1,200, SonofLunkin calls 1,200, 2 folds, Hero raises to 4,845, 3 folds, milijoe goes all-in 8,777, MajesticLegas folds, SonofLunkin goes all-in 37,157, Hero calls 32,312

Flop: K:heart: J:club: Q:club: (86,241, 3 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: K:diamond: (86,241, 3 players, 2 all-in)

River: 9:heart: (86,241, 3 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: 86,241
      milijoe shows two pair, Kings and Queens
      A:diamond: Q:diamond:
      SonofLunkin shows a full house, Queens full of Kings
      Q:heart: Q:spade:
      Hero shows two pair, Aces and Kings
      A:spade: A:club:

SonofLunkin wins 86,241 (net +48,934)

milijoe lost 8,927
      MajesticLegas lost 1,350
      Hero lost 37,307

Kinda sick lol...
      but I managed to rebuild and had some decent run...

This thread has it all: MiniFTOPS event#5 $20+ $2 1r+1a
      You finished the tournament in 382nd place. There has been $92.49 added to your accoun

while I was playing I decided to enter another satellite...

You finished the tournament in 1st place. You have received an entry into tournament #168451381: Name: MiniFTOPS Event #6 Buyin: $31.00 + $2.00 Date: September 10 5:00 PM ET

But I decided not to play cuz It was a super turbo donkament and I didn't feel like gambling after few suckouts in the other tourney lol =)

--

I also received the $50 bonus everyone else received few days ago today... Although full tilt support had already told me I wasn't qualified for the bonus.. I guess they thought it was a smart move to give me $50.. because I raked something around $50 yesterday.. lmao :D

so yea I made some profits today.. Although I would've wanted to get deeper.. but it's whatever... Next Miniftops event I'll play will mostly be Event #11.. But lets see..

I'm really hyped up for some party tomorrow night.. Lets get drunk and forget all about cracked aces..
    • JohnTheGreatest
      JohnTheGreatest
      Bronze
      Firstly, gratzzz with good run at mioniFTOPS, well played, hlynkinn! :)

For the 1st time was a chip leader in 0+0,1$ tournament, with deeeep stack

Can U tell me if time has come for me to learn when to lay down QQ, KK?

(I think my QQ's screamed to me to lay them down, but mathematician in my left side of the brain didn' t listen.)

FullTiltPoker
      9 Players
      $1,000 Guarantee (Rebuy)

Stacks:
      UTG operhit (22736)
      UTG+1 klein51 (8491)
      MP1 Hero (72330)
      MP2 nashomanor (25016)
      MP3 yuriy55_55 (34111)
      CO vitamin4ik-c (54345)
      BTN jorrit23 (15559)
      SB workinonit50 (13083)
      BB 2ndtimeluckiest (16901)

Blinds: 300/600 Ante 75

Pre-Flop: (1575, 9 players) Hero is MP1 Q Q
      operhit raises to 1555, 1 fold, Hero calls 1555, nashomanor calls 1555, 1 fold, vitamin4ik-c raises to 5100, 3 folds, operhit folds, Hero goes all-in 72255, nashomanor goes all-in 23386, vitamin4ik-c goes all-in 49170

Flop: 9 4 5 (154596, 3 players, 3 all-in)

Turn: K (154596, 3 players, 3 all-in)

River: K (154596, 3 players, 3 all-in)

Final Pot: 154596
      Hero shows two pair, Kings and Queens
      Q Q
      nashomanor shows two pair, Kings and Jacks
      J J
      vitamin4ik-c shows two pair, Aces and Kings
      A A

vitamin4ik-c wins 136611 (net +82266)

Hero collects 17985 (net -54345)
      operhit lost 1630
      nashomanor lost 25016
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      Hlynkinn are you off to the Icelandic championship? I think it's about 50-60,000ISK, I don't remember exactly. I thought about trying to win a satellite here in Ak, but haven't been bothered so far, plus travelling south for the weekend is maybe a bit much.

Would be nice to luckbox it though, maybe 3-4m first prize!
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by peche025
      Hlynkinn are you off to the Icelandic championship? I think it's about 50-60,000ISK, I don't remember exactly. I thought about trying to win a satellite here in Ak, but haven't been bothered so far, plus travelling south for the weekend is maybe a bit much.

Would be nice to luckbox it though, maybe 3-4m first prize!
      I was considering it...
      I've just been running so terribly live for the last 1-2 months and due to school I have limited time to play live.. but I guess I'll take some shots at satellites..
      I was considering even buying in directly or at least be willing to spend 60.000isk on satellites but a live downswing hit me and atm that would make me feel so much like a gambler =)

I just had a talk with one of the directors few days ago and he told me that they would have some 10.000-20.000iskr STT SNG's running throughout the weekend.. and If I don't manage to satellite to the tourney I'll probably grind these.. Since well I have a huge edge in those.

And maybe play some of the side events if they look juicy enough =)

Ye I think the winner last year took down 2.7m... The tourney looks like It's going to be a lot bigger this time so first prize is probably around 3-4m...

-------------

@miljonzalie I replied to your hand here: $1_rebuy KQoff TP
      It's always unlucky shoving your QQ and KK into AA but theres nothing you can do but go broke =)
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      More than 10bi down today =(
      So far this month cashier looking 600$ down..
      Around $900 down in sng's....

Just sick..
      I have no confidence left =/.. So I guess I should take a break and maybe find a coach... just so I can rebuild my confidence...

sucks when 30bi downswing stretches for over 13 days... Makes me doubt it's just a down swing
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn
      More than 10bi down today =(
      So far this month cashier looking 600$ down..
      Around $900 down in sng's....

Just sick..
      I have no confidence left =/.. So I guess I should take a break and maybe find a coach... just so I can rebuild my confidence...

sucks when 30bi downswing stretches for over 13 days... Makes me doubt it's just a down swing
      How many games are you playing per day?

If your not playing ~100 per day than a 30 BI swing can last 13 days easily.

With non turbos, it is taking me twice as long to get in the same volume, and it is also taking
      twice as long for the graph to bounce back up again after a dip. I think you should not worry
      about how many days it is lasting but worry about sample size. If you are a huge loser over
      a large sample then you should worry that you suck..

Like this guy for example... He sucks but thankfully he keeps playing....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How did I find him you ask?

Well for shits and giggles I looked up a few random SNGs with sharkscope. The whole table by searching
      for tournament number of a running SNG. When I was typing in this blog I simply did it again. I picked
      a random $5.50 searched its whole player base and voila another one.

There are like 2 or three guys like this in almost every game!!!

And they say poker is drying up.

Same for the $6.50 turbos I searched some random ones and voila!

People just losing thousands.

So fear not, your slump will end and you don't suck.

But working on your game is never a bad idea.

And don't wprry, the fish will never see this graph. I dont ever ever tell people their stats in game
      because thats just fucking retarded and I see idiots do it all the time. But even if this fish googles
      their own name it wont show up. It is just in the picture not in the text.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      And they say poker is drying up.

It is... maybe 3 years ago player with the same skill level as the one in the graph would never be so much down... Since the whole field were a lot worse.. Maybe he wold even be a breakeven player...

The tables all filling up with regs doesn't only affect the fact that it'll be harder to beat those hard tables...
      But It also means that the fish will be beat quicker and go broke quicker.. Meaning you get way less share of fishes money..

Imagine how good life would be if you were as good as you are now... and the fish posted in the graph would be a winning player.. Then we can get to the conclusion that you would have HUUUUGE edge in the game...

But yea IMO the high stakes sng's are beatable.. and well 33's non turbo should be easy for me to beat.. Since I see 3-4 fish everytable.. and some of the regs are paying me off..
      But I have no idea where we see this game in 1-2 years...
      Some say omaha will take over.. Not sure what that means to us SNG players...

-----------

How many games are you playing per day? If your not playing ~100 per day than a 30 BI swing can last 13 days easily.

I think I've played like 200-300 sng's so far this month...

But the fact is I'm only playing 8 tables and non turbo's should have way less variance..
      So running 200 games at -15% roi is pretty sick...
      With non turbos, it is taking me twice as long to get in the same volume

Your roi in non turbos will be higher.. So your swings should be less and less frequent...

----

I btw woke up with a cold this morning.. still somehow manage to tell myself to go to school.. and now I'm pretty much feeling like shit.. so I'm gonna take a break from the tables and watch some session reviews r something..
    • NatRPheM
      NatRPheM
      Bronze
      Nice blog, best adivce anybody can give you when it comes to poker is dont play when you dont have an urge to. No matter how much you convince yourself, you will never be playing your A game if you dont REALLY wanna play. So if you feel like shit for some reason or just have that "I really need to grind today" mentality, its way better to take the day of. I myself have wasted more ev on that than I care to talk about, its a HUGE leak in most peoples game. Also quit once you start getting emotional about something that relates to poker, it will save your mood and your BR in the long run.

Good luck and dont let the downswings break you! :s_cool:
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NatRPheM
      Nice blog, best adivce anybody can give you when it comes to poker is dont play when you dont have an urge to. No matter how much you convince yourself, you will never be playing your A game if you dont REALLY wanna play. So if you feel like shit for some reason or just have that "I really need to grind today" mentality, its way better to take the day of. I myself have wasted more ev on that than I care to talk about, its a HUGE leak in most peoples game. Also quit once you start getting emotional about something that relates to poker, it will save your mood and your BR in the long run.

Good luck and dont let the downswings break you! :s_cool:
      Nice to see a new reader =)
      Your advice is obviously a good advice.. Only if it was that easy... =)
      Sometimes we simply need to grind because we have to reach or keep a certain VIP or IRONMAN status... And sometimes we simply don't know when we aren't in the mood for playing...
      I actually want to become a semi pro at this game someday hopefully.. And that means I should have the right mentality to play almost always to put in enough volume..

I thought my mental approach to this game was getting really good.. but then with the recent downswing I could see how it affected my mood and maybe even my game subconsciously although I doubt that..

And about poker affecting your mood outside of the tables.. I think I don't do this.. I kinda rant a lot in this blog... And I think that helps me a lot not making it affect me in any way in real life..
      Some players say their family members can actually tell when they are having a good day at the tables and when not.. This hasn't happened to me yet lol =)

-------

Just watched some videos today.. I always like Unam's approach to the game.. He plays good.. and his explanations are always detailed and fun.. He can actually make some interesting points about the least interesting spots in the world.. and that makes his videos more fun.. And he also has some funny things to say from time to time lol..
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Played 4 sng's today... it took 40 minutes to open up and I had a pretty strict time frame... Managed to be breakeven after some legendary run of bad beats... went from 10k with 3 players still in to bust 3rd... And only being behind 1 time... QJ vs 88... and thats not really being behind lol...
      probably should save hand history for some laughs later... but atm it's tilting me a bit..

going to see a concert now... so laaaaaaaaaaters