NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.12)
      BB ($21.90)
      Hero ($24)
      UTG+1 ($1.66)
      CO ($24.43)
      BTN ($45.56)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: K:spade:

Hero raises to $1, UTG+1 raises to $1.66 (AI), CO calls $1.66, fold, SB calls $1.56, fold, Hero calls $0.66

FLOP ($6.89) J:club: 9:diamond: Q:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $4, CO raises to $8, SB folds, Hero?

villain 55/8/2.5/25/90

preflop, i wonder why i couldnt shove... only had option to call.
      anyway, on flop, i should push right? altho villain could be holding practically anything given his vpip... but draws on board, plus i think he prolly goes broke with top pair too...
  • 6 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I cannot wait on opinion of our judges.

This push is so close. I think we are behind to often here and i really dont know how would i react in such spot. I think i would just pick one random option:) )
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

Point 1: You couldn't reraise, because UTG+1 reraised smaller than a minraise.

Point 2: Just make it 5,5$-6$ on flop and fold to a raise. Reasons: You are beat nearly always because he minraises although a midstack fish is in the pot!! That means he has KT, T8, set or sth like QJ quite often.

MAYBE he can play JT, KQ or AQ that way, but I'd just fold because of oop.
      In position you could consider to call due to good odds and see how he reacts on turn.

Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      Against this type of player, I'm not folding this. I've played a bit with the Equilator. I gave him a range like: Q8+, J9+, 99, TT, straights, and you are still ahead. Plus, he's very aggressive, 2.5 AF with 55 VPIP is quite a lot, so I definitely see him raising with weaker hands.

Edit: By not folding, I mean, I would push. I don't think you can call on such a connected board.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      ty for all the great input guys...
      why do these hands have to give me so much trouble :O
      ugh, poor KK in such a tough spot
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Anything smaller than a minraise by a shortstacked player will lead to you not being able to reraise further. So be awesome and make sure you only raise to 3bb in that particular spot, since you have to expect UTG+1's shove when you look around at your table before raising, and him locking the betting is a hugely -ev move for us.

As for postflop I tend to agree with nttflox. While I'm not thrilled about his small pfr because it usually indicates he doesn't treat raising lightly, he still has a high AF for a 55 vpip player, so he could possibly be doing that with everything that looks like a top pair or a pair+draw on that board. We still have a few outs against everything unless he has exactly KT, so unless I've never seen him do that with in the previous 90 hands or so and most of his AF comes from donk/folding bluffs or something, I'm not folding that the first time around.

Hope it helps.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      yeah, i totally missed that somebody's stack got decimated while i was concentrated on another table. i was pretty sure there wasnt such a stack in previous hands. so i instaraised with KK then got surprised when a supershortstack went all in. gotta pay more attention. thanks