$2.00
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $1.97
      MP1:
      $3.99

Position
      BU

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q, A.
      Hero raises to $0.08, 4 folds, BU calls $0.08, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.19) K, Q, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, BU calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.43) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, BU calls $0.22.

River: ($0.87) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.62, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.87.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a LAG who has 22% fold to cbet.On the flop & turn I think it's ok but on the river that 2/3 pot size bet makes me belive that he is value beting with a set,2pair and I don't think my queens are good here.

Good fold?
  • 2 replies
    • edi9999
      edi9999
      Bronze
      Well if your opponent is aggressive, you could maybe try to control the size of the pot oop

a line like: cbet,check,b/f
      or cbet,check/call,check/fold
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Frankly the best line depends on exactly what you meant by lag. He could be a fish he could be a reg, if he's a reg he could be good or bad. I'll try and give general guidelines

Against fishy, laggy players I like your line and I'd sometimes check/call the river, especially if I think they won't mind turning stuff like JT into a bluff regardless of them hitting a pair.

Against reggish lags good and bad alike, I'd usually check/call the turn so that they can bet their floats. Then I'd check/fold that river against good lags that are more likely to go aggressive on the flop with draws and thus will end up having mostly a Kx heavy range when they valuebet that river, while I'm more likely to check/call against bad lags that are just less aggressive with draws, sort of screwing around cheaply with marginal hands that they'd need to bluff with on the river quite often.

Hope it helps.