How to deal with variation

• Kireto
      Kireto
      Silver
      Hello Guys,

I am playing NL10 and I lost like 12-13 buy ins for the past 4-5 days. The thing is that I am not playing bad ( I had a friend analyzing my hands, just to make sure that it is objective), or I am not tilted, just brutal variation. The thing is that I am a bit scared maybe.

I tough this morning, ok lets play a short session, but I guess I am a bit afraid to play now and this might affect my game.

We all talk how to deal with TILT, so my question is do you get scared playing and how you deal with it ?

Cheers :) :f_grin:
  • 6 replies
    • poldinhoo
      poldinhoo
      Bronze
      I keep playing and hope..
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I've been going through a bit of a downswing myself, dropping 10 buyins recently. It pisses you off yeah but you've just got to fight through it and keep enjoying playing, but don't play unless you are playing your A-Game and not letting the variance affect you play :)
    • Kireto
      Kireto
      Silver
      I am not pissed. The tread is not about complaining or some bad beats or tilting myself :)

I just felt that in some spots I was scared to play my hands and I missed some value plays :)

So its different than tilting :)
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      But still, you're not playing your A-game when you do that are you? What I try to do is forget about the previous day, week or month of losses or profits and continue to play the way you would if you hadn't dropped 15 buyins in the last 2 hours or something (As long as that wasn't due to major leaks in your game :D )
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Originally posted by Kireto
      I am not pissed. The tread is not about complaining or some bad beats or tilting myself :)

I just felt that in some spots I was scared to play my hands and I missed some value plays :)

So its different than tilting :)
      this is tilt again but in another form, tilt is not only screaming and breaking things.

i would suggest to find some through pokerstrategy who plays the same limit/game that u do and do some sessions with him.U play,he watches and comments,he plays and u can watch and comment and also u can do together some session reviews.

That way u might spot mistakes+help someone else

Good luck
    • Kireto
      Kireto
      Silver
      I was thinking about this and there was a thread for this combined sessions, but nobody was into it :) So I am still open for it if anybody wants to do it :) .

Update:

I am up 6.5 BI for the weekend, I think I am back to my game.

I watched some videos and reviewed a few hands with a friend of mine, combined with reading the poker forums and you r back on track :f_p: