NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($13.01)
      BB ($14.44)
      UTG ($21.47)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($12.40)
      BTN ($11.54)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: Q:club:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.35, CO calls $0.35, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, UTG+1 calls $1.15, fold

FLOP ($3.45) K:spade: 5:spade: 5:heart:

Hero bets $1.70, UTG+1 raises to $3.40, Hero folds

UTG+1 wins $6.40

vpip/pfr/pfr EP/fold23b/fold2cb/raise cb/af

Caller some lag guy, so I squeeze them. On the flop I was confuced, cause only hand that beat me is AK, but he colud call JJ and maybe AQ and probably TT. So if I bet I get rr or call from AK and call or bluff rr from JJ or TT, cause he understand that I probably miss that board and dont reperesent much my self. So I bet rather cause don't khow if chk is better. He mrr and it's really strange, cause there is no sence to rr AK he is nothing protect from and there is no much value. I think he could also rr AQ(but I have blocker for this hand) JJ and TT for info and as bluff. So now I think if I really think he could bluff maybe it's good situation for call down.
      How to deal with it?
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg

I think you missed that fact that it's a decent spot for UTG+1 to flat your 3-bet with KK+, considering it could get CO to come along. He might not do it every time but he'll do it sometimes, so he'll have some AA hands for making that flop raise sometimes as well. KK will usually just call when having the board so crushed, tho robot-like players might just raise it anyway by habit.

Postflop I'll usually c-bet a bit more than half pot to like $1.9-$2, just because it doesn't look as weak and it makes it less likely that people will try to screw with it, which is good when you have a hand you don't really know what to do with against a raise.

Here while it's true that UTG+1 stats look kind of aggressive postflop against c-bets, you have to realize two things:

1/ first these stats are conditioned by his vpip/pfr stats, so people who only enter pots will good hands are always most likely to have the goods postflop and thus playing strong hands faster.

2/ those stats are also spread over every situation in his game, not specific to that particular spot. maybe he raises all c-bets in a blind steal situation or something. here he raise/called from UTG+1 and he's minraising a board that screams "AK GOT THERE AND IS NEVER FOLDING", his raising range is probably way stronger than it usually is.

Overall I'd probably just give him this one, there are just too many ways for him to have us smoked and not enough ways for a 16/12 player to be dumb enough to bluff at us in that spot.

Hope it helps.
      Ok, thank you. I broke my head thinking if this fold was fine.