Hand Evaluation Professionnal Judge untrustable?

• Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Hi all,

Fist off I would like to say that I didn't know if I had to post this but after all that is the way I feel so here it is.

I have got my hands evaluated by one of the professional judges with the following nickname meaning: "f**k your mother"

I think that having a nickname like this is a bit innapropiate to start with. As a professionnal judge i.e as part of pokerstrategy team such a nickname imo becomes intolerable.

I trust the professionnal judges evaluations and try to follow their advices. Stangely enough I'm reluctant to put my own money in play following his.
      Since I know him only through his nickname I just see him as a non reliable personn in which I shouldn't have trust. It just goes beyond poker skills.

Tell me your views on this

Thanks
  • 13 replies
    • Timo
      Timo
      Bronze
      Hey Dublimax,

first of all thank you for your feedback. If you should ever have any further concerns, it is always good to open a thread in this forum to let us know about it - we are always happy to improve our service!

We want to offer a forum with a friendly atmosphere, where members help each other and are happy to come back to. This implies that we do not tolerate offensive nicknames on PokerStrategy.com.
      Further I can assure you that all our hand judges offer evaluations that you can trust: All our judges are carefully chosen by experts of each gametype.

I am not aware, that anyone of our hand judges has an offensive nickname - what nickname are you referring to?

Regards,
      Timo
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Hi Timo,

I didn't know if I could tell the nickname in my post but since you are asking.

The judge is French so the nickname is in French and not with the right spelling but it sounds like the insult when read.

The nickname is "tamairlarace" which is read, in French, like "ta mere la race" which is a teenager kind of insult meaning roughly as I said in the original post "f**k your mother".

He is reviewing hands in the NL BSS 0.25/0.5.

Thanks.
    • Timo
      Timo
      Bronze
      Thank you, I will get in touch with him.

Regards
      Timo
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      I can confirm this is true ( meaning wise) if your not sure.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Hi Timo,

Any updates on this?

Thanks
    • Leo
      Leo
      Bronze
      Hi Dublimax,

First of all, sorry for the late response and thanks for reporting the issue and bumping the thread.

We have changed the hand evaluators nickname. I hope you can now fully enjoy the hand evaluations.

Cheers,
      Leo
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Hi Leo,

Thanks for dealing with this issue.
      I appreciate that you have changed his nickname from tamairlarace to Maestroofzerg.

However I doubt this will be enough to get my confidence back into this personn. As I said in the first post, I don't feel like trusting someone that, at a start of a working session, rather than telling me Hello how are you doing is telling me "f...".

Anyway it looks like he hasn't reviewed any of my hands - intentionnaly or not- since I started this thread so I might get away with it.

Thanks anyway for your help.
    • Leo
      Leo
      Bronze
      Hi Dublimax,

Although I can understand your concern, rest assured that we take every precaution to guarantee the highest quality of hand evaluations.

Our hand evaluators are almost always users that have become successful with their 50$ starting capital. Unfortunately, when starting out as a member, some users take a nickname that they might have found funny at the time. Luckily enough, this does not change anything about their success at the tables or their capability to teach others how to become successful.

Although we always change nicknames that people might find offensive, this case has sadly slipped our attention.

Nevertheless, I do hope you are happy with the resolution. In the end, the boards and judges are there for you to improve your game and not for you to be frustrated about.

The best of luck,
      Leo
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

While I'm not sure I understand how exactly my old nickname was more important than the content of my posts in judging my ability to help out, I am sorry for the trouble in any case, and as you wish, I'll leave your hands unjudged from now on. Good luck to you.

Regards.
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      not rly my concern, but .. isnt OP bit oversensitive?
      as long as some1 is doing his job why should we care if he wears white socks and black tuxedo?
    • randomdonk
      randomdonk
      Bronze
      stick to focusing on who gives the advice instead of on the advice itself, u'll do great :rolleyes:
    • HoofdVogel
      HoofdVogel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by randomdonk
      stick to focusing on who gives the advice instead of on the advice itself, u'll do great :rolleyes:
      i don’t think he listens to random donks :D
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

As I said in the OPost, I wasn't judging his poker skills and ability to judge whether or not I play well a hand.

To GooRukYONG: it is not really wearing white or black socks but more saying "f... yourself" rather than Hello. Would you really want to deal with someone that does that?

To randomdonk and MaestroOf Zerg: agree with you that the post is more important than the nickname. But it is like if a teacher gives a lesson having had a few pints. It just gives less credibility to what he is saying.
      So in essence the "who" and the way the who looks is also important to a certain extent. And the who here is the nickname.

I just think that it was a fair request to ask him to get his nickname changed (not really sure if you guys really feel the meaning in French).
      Now that it has been done I'm grand with it (unlike I was saying in my previous post).

Thanks,