[NL20-NL50] nl50 fr AA vs min raise

• dylboi011
      dylboi011
      Bronze
      do you just stack here? i cant work out what he's doing, limp call 5bb utg i suppose he could have JQ suited or 7s maybe should i just stack him here?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($51.02)
      BB ($55.03)
      UTG ($48.50)
      UTG+1 ($44.35)
      UTG+2 ($50.89)
      Hero ($49.25)
      MP2 ($54.44)
      CO ($49.75)
      BTN ($73.87)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:diamond:

UTG calls $0.50, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.50, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $2

FLOP ($5.75) J:club: 7:club: Q:diamond:

UTG checks, Hero bets $4, UTG calls $4

TURN ($13.75) J:club: 7:club: Q:diamond: 2:heart:

UTG checks, Hero bets $8, UTG raises to $16, Hero ???
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Not easy without reads on him. Passive fish won't usually take that line with worse hands unless maybe they limp/called KK preflop, he has to be somebody capable of randomly deciding to bluff/semi-bluff the turn or suddenly overplaying Qx, since the turn changed nothing thus he couldn't have picked up more equity causing him to stray from standard c/c c/c lines for fish with top pairs.

I don't think we can consider it a mistake no matter how you handle that one since you don't have reads, I could see myself folding/calling down/shoving altogether depending on the vibe i get from this player. Most likely I'll call the cheap raise in case he's randomly bluffing and we're ahead, it also gives us more information no matter what happens since he'll have to act first on the river. This will however lead to ugly spots where he ends up jamming it in your face on something like the Kc river, so unless you feel ok handling those situations you might want to opt for another turn line.

Hope it helps.