Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with K ♦ Q ♥
      5 folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero raises to $0.75, SB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.50) T ♦ A ♦ J ♠ (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.45, SB calls $1.45

Turn: ($4.40) 7 ♦ (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($4.40) 3 ♣ (2 players)
      SB bets $2.75,

How horrible is checking behind on the turn? What's the play on the river?
  • 2 replies
    • Wriggers
      I'd call the river, and i'd also bet about $3 on the turn. Just because he CC on the flop there isn't much evidence that he has a flush draw at all.

What range could he have that would have hit that flush? Is he calling preflop with anything lower than a pocket pair or a high Ace? I wouldn't think so, meaning his chances of having that flush are very low. The only possible hands I think would be in his range and have hit that flush are QJs or 89s, and both of these are very loose calls when you're OOP postflop.

Chances are he could have hit a straight draw, or maybe even have a different QK and have flopped the nut straight like you. I think you're winning this hand, as his range that could have hit that flush is limited to QJs or 89s, with QJs i'd expect him to be opening the raising when it's folded round to him on SB.

In conclusion there is a hell of a lot of evidence that he doesn't have the flush, and that you are winning so it's definately a call on the river.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Just valuebet the turn and take it from there, discussing the river as played shouldn't be a priority, your hand is way too strong to let it get to the river that way.

As played obviously call the river. It's hard for him to be bluffing unless he has some lone flopped gutshot, but people are perfectly capable of merging random pairs into a river bet, especially fish that just can't stand checking once you check back the turn. Good players will valuebet hands that you beat there as well.

Hope it helps.