This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 TT against fish

• Karkis
      Karkis
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash Games, 6 Players
      Hand Converter by Pokerhand.org

Board:
      UTG: $8.66
      UTG+1: $6.47
      CO: $10.57
      Button: $10.52
      SB: $12.58
      BB: $9.66

Dealt to SB T:spade: T:club:

Pre-flop:
      UTG raises to $.40, UTG+1 calls $.40, (2 folds), SB raises to $2, (1 folds), UTG calls $1.60, (1 folds)

Flop: ($4.55) 7:diamond: A:club: 2:club: (2 Players)
      SB?

Villain 56/28 over 80 hands. Is shoving here ok? If I c-bet and villain calls we are commited. Also I dont expect he has an ace very often and our shove can induce some calls with lower pockets and sometimes 7x. So is shoving a good option here?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't like it unless villain is known to like bluff-catching, as I feel like to most people it's our best chance of scaring away everything we beat. If you don't think villain has Ax often you should usually c-bet something smallish that he can call with bad hands and shove most turns as well once he just calls.

Frankly I think he can have a whole bunch of Ax hands in that spot, after all an A is always good enough for the fish. And since the board is somewhat dry it's hard for him to have made a random worse pair or draw, like A98 2t would be a lot cooler for us. So overall it might not be warranted to go broke in that spot all the time.

Hope it helps.