UTG: $8.66
      UTG+1: $6.47
      CO: $10.57
      Button: $10.52
      SB: $12.58
      BB: $9.66

Dealt to SB T:spade: T:club:

Pre-flop:
      UTG raises to $.40, UTG+1 calls $.40, (2 folds), SB raises to $2, (1 folds), UTG calls $1.60, (1 folds)

Flop: ($4.55) 7:diamond: A:club: 2:club: (2 Players)
      SB?

Villain 56/28 over 80 hands. Is shoving here ok? If I c-bet and villain calls we are commited. Also I dont expect he has an ace very often and our shove can induce some calls with lower pockets and sometimes 7x. So is shoving a good option here?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't like it unless villain is known to like bluff-catching, as I feel like to most people it's our best chance of scaring away everything we beat. If you don't think villain has Ax often you should usually c-bet something smallish that he can call with bad hands and shove most turns as well once he just calls.

Frankly I think he can have a whole bunch of Ax hands in that spot, after all an A is always good enough for the fish. And since the board is somewhat dry it's hard for him to have made a random worse pair or draw, like A98 2t would be a lot cooler for us. So overall it might not be warranted to go broke in that spot all the time.

Hope it helps.