[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH, AKo

• dashe
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, K.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, CO folds, BU calls $0.85, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.05) 8, 6, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25, BU calls $1.25.

Turn: ($4.55) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.00, Hero calls $3.00.

River: ($10.55) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $15.45(All-In)

I think I miss clicked cbet, it was supposed to be 1.50.
      His stats 9/7 over 50hands
      On the turn I went for pot control.
      It just looked like a set.
      fold ?
  • 2 replies
    • nttflox
      I think it's a mistake giving up the initiative on such a wet turn there. I would bet/fold. As played, I think it's a fold. I don't see why he would overbluff there.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Agreed you should just valuebet the turn against worse Kx hands, if you get raised by a 9/7 you're smoked usually so bet/folding is the way to go.

As played it's not as easy as it looks since by changing a few variables on BU's ranges you can actually get to a point where only KQ and busted flushdraws make sense. What's odd is him not raising the flop and betting the turn kinda weak on a double flushdraw board if he has a set. To me it looks more like clubs or KQ/KJ on the turn, and by check/calling the turn you might have shown so much weakness that the more determined of 9/7 nits might actually feel like shoving busted clubs on you, hence making a check/call viable as played.

Can't really weight the chances of him slowplaying 88/66 on the flop with the chances of him bluffing the river from where I'm sitting, tho in general once people start overbetting they have the nuts very often. I'm just saying if there was ever a spot where a nit could feel like desperation shoving busted clubs into a seemingly weak range, that would be it.

Hope it helps.