[NL2-NL10] Rush NLHE10 SH, AKo, bet size on flop

• Gugi19
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.35, CO calls $0.35, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, MP3 calls $1.40, CO calls $1.40.

Flop: ($5.3) Q, 5, A (3 players)
      Hero bets $4.10, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.3.

This is Rush so I didn't have any particular reeds on villains.

I know preflop was ok (maybe I could place smaller 3-bet), but on flop I didn't know how much to bet.
      If I place big bet, is it really a value bet, what weaker hands can pay me, and I am committed?
      If I place small value bet could I look week and face a re-raise, is it tricky then because QQ and AQ are hands that could call a 3-bet preflop?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'd probably go with something like $1.55 preflop.

I guess the easiest way to put it is: the pot is so big that you won't be able to fold your hand anyway, so it's no use worrying about better hands as they will get your stack regardless of what you do.

Thus you should focus on getting value from worse hands, most of which should already be scared as hell once the board runs out AQx. Even somebody with KQ should just plain fold that flop when you fire big into it 3-way. Ax hands likely won't fold, but against tight players they could. And since the board is very dry and you only have ~1.5x pot left, you're not worried about giving out cheap cards either.

I'd just go ahead and make a c-bet of ~$2.2 so that Qx hands can get curious for cheap and we can still shove the turn easily, with them feeling more committed by then.

Hope it helps.