This just isnt going nowhere

• Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Hello!
      I am afraid that my poker this days is really going nowhere.
      Been on this limit for almost 2 months and not being able to create significant bankroll really feels like crap.
      I feel like roling in circles from 200$ to 300$ and back.Been on 300 for 4x times and every time fall back to 200 and below.
      I think I became alergic to no 200.And every time when I fall to it I feel like 10 days or so of my life went to nothing.
      I am playing nl30 on ongame and for like 14days I could count on figers of one hand of most clumsy butcher how many sessions I finished in green.
      I am really frustrated about it.
      Devoted time to study and re read all the articles in bronze and silver session.
      Watched again all good videos, menaged to get HEM to work and began using stats.
      Spent like 16h of studying within last week and played like 5h altogeather
      All seems fine but progress is really miminum.
      I have to admit that I have tons of space for improvement, but this stream of downswings, bad luck, bad decisions, tilt, bad beats and not being able to finally menage thru this nl30 limit is not motivational at all.
      To be honest I am grasping to find any bit of motiavtion and passion towards poker.
      It really seems like waist of time and energy,not to mention nerves and $.
      From bad to worst I am in pretty bad financial sitation at the moment as being unemployed and trying to earn few extra $ with poker.
      I really feel like I am emotionally drained and hit rock bottom when poker is concerned.
      THere isnt much difference in other areas of my life but that is not point of discussion.

Dont know if I really have any question for anyone, just felt like typing this things down would clear my mind and make this grows feeling in my chest go away.
      Cheers
  • 10 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      The main reasons why you can't succeed is that you are unemplaoyed and the $ matters more than you think.

STOP PLAYING NL30 AT THE MOMENT RIGHT NOW !!!.You got no bankroll for doing it you are doing it for money but you see there is no point.Start playing NL10 if you are doing well there as I see you would be doing very well you can earn easily 400-500 euros/$ per month without ANY problems.So try the lower limits and don't push yourself beyond the limit,you will never succeed but you will go broke for sure.
    • oblitron
      oblitron
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sinnology
      I feel like 10 days or so of my life went to nothing. I am really frustrated about it. progress is really miminum. To be honest I am grasping to find any bit of motiavtion and passion towards poker.
      It really seems like waist of time and energy,not to mention nerves and $.
      From bad to worst I am in pretty bad financial sitation at the moment as being unemployed and trying to earn few extra $ with poker.
      I really feel like I am emotionally drained
      First of all, do not use money you can't afford to lose as your poker bankroll. Only money you CAN afford to lose should be used. And get out of that negative frame of mind. Things are obviously not great for you right now, and I think you've become very pessimistic because of that. You almost expect yourself to lose no matter what you do, and this could be affecting the way you play.

Secondly, I think you main indicator of "progress" should be the quality of your play and not your bankroll. If your play doesn't improve, it doesn't really matter if you triple your bankroll. You just got lucky but you will lose it again eventually. Are your stats (VP$IP, PFR etc) where you want them to be? Are your opponent-reading skills improving? If not, I'd move down a limit and focus on improving my game instead of obsessing about my bankroll.

And thirdly, you say you are "grasping to find any bit of motiavtion and passion towards poker". Do you really like poker? Or is it something you started playing because it seemed like your only hope for an income?
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Maybe you are right.
      Thx for the advice man.
      I also think I should leave whole poker scene for at least 5 days, and focus on something esle, so I can "digest" all this bad feelings connected with poker.

@ oblirion :

I dont use money I cannot afford.
      I statred 2 months ago with 25$ on ongame and reached 300 within a motnh or so, and I am playing with that BR.I dont invest any outsourced money in poker.
      I love playing poker, I really do but as noone I hate to lose and specially to lose constantly over 14 days or so.

My stats for nl30 are following: (I started to use HEM recently, and before I had PT3 where I had over 20k hands, but databases are obviously not compatible with each other, so thats the reason I have small no of hands)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      oblirion wanted to tell you that due to bankroll management u cannot safly play NL30 with just 200NL or 300 on your account.

BRM said that you must have bankroll of at least 30BI if you want to play that limit.

So for NL30 you have to reach first at least bankroll of 900.

With your bankroll of 300 you can play NL10. At 600 start playing NL20 and at 900 NL30.

With some bad beats u can easily loose all your poker bankroll if u won't respect BRM in future.

Good luck at the tables.
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Oh sorry guys, I guess I forgot to mention, I play nl30 SSS!
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Oooh taht is better.

Now my suggest is that give an eye on table selection. For SSS that is the most important thing.

And of course variation is quite high here. It is obvious that you cannot expect much money for now on NL30 SSS. But with decent play and carefully chosen tables you will climb up the levels. If u were able to reach 300 from 25 i think there is no reason not to move forward. And of course in poker two months are not so much as we may think.
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Yeah my way of thinking is similar.
      Everything in life must balance: In the begining I had some good upswing, so now its time for balancing that I guess X( .

I am choosing tables with highest flop % and highest pots and offcourse with as least SSS players as its possible.

Today I meditate upon my poker play, for me its the best way to clear my body out of emotion and think as clearly as I can.
      So my observations are that I push too hard this days,and focus on win/loss ratio and not as much as I should on my game play.
      I came to conclusion to completeley drop poker for the rest of the weekend and come fresh and empowered sunday night to run a session of 4 tables only for the start, to see how it will goes.

Meantime I will go swining, boxing, spend time with friends and my girls to release out of this tension.

Cheers
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      with friends and my girls to release out of this tension.

Quite good idea yes.....and you use girls in plural....hahah its difficult to expect luck in cards if u have girlS:) )

I have only one girl and this is almost to much i dont know what would happen if i got more then one girl like you do:) )

Good luck at the tables.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      wrong forum section
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Originally posted by Alan883
      with friends and my girls to release out of this tension.

Quite good idea yes.....and you use girls in plural....hahah its difficult to expect luck in cards if u have girlS:) )

I have only one girl and this is almost to much i dont know what would happen if i got more then one girl like you do:) )

Good luck at the tables.
      Oh that was just a misspell ,I ment one girl - nahh just kidding.
      My monogamous relationship of 3 years ended in February and I decided to give myself a chance to try some new things in life and enjoy new philosophy friendships with girls without any lables and restrictions.
      Some sort of advanced friends with benefits so to say
      I am currently having 3 girls in my little harem with whom I hang out 2a week each :) .
      There is saying in my country " Those who have no luck in love, they have it in gambling".
      Guess I will have to change something with this girls and get back being depresed and sad about ex, and play nl600 :)