Strange Situation...

• Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Hi all, I recently started playing poker online again after a few months break. I got $55 from my TAF withdrawal so started playing NL2 BSS, and studying quite a lot. Now, i've just downloaded the Pokertracker 3 trial after using Elephant for a while because I wanted to see things like NON-SD and SD winnings as well as an EV line.

I imported all the hands that were stored on my computer, 6,000 or so, 3,000 less than i've played recently. First thing I did was check my Non-SD and SD lines on the graph. Now i'm down about $18 so far in these 6k hands, however my Non SD winnings are just below breakeven, whilst my SD winnings are letting me down. What exactly does this tell me? Obviously i'm not laying down hands when I should be, but do my good Non-SD results tell me anything positive about my game?

Thanks all :)
  • 2 replies
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Possibly that you're playing too lose/aggressive. You are making people fold a lot of pots but are paying off when they have hands. Tight passive players will love you because they lose lots of small pots but you'll pay them off for a stack when they do have a hand.

I'm no expert but I suggest suggest you tighten up generally then revise the aggressive strategy. Most of the graphs of winning players I've seen on here show a relatively small loss on hands not shown down but huge profit in hands they do show down with. This should be your aim I think
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Thanks for the input :) Now that you mention it it does seem that I have been playing a more LAG style, and obviously this isn't going to be very profitable at NL2 because people will call down anything. SO I guess i'm going to have to work on tightening my game up :)

Thanks again.